Skip to main content

Locked Thread

More
10 years 3 months ago #136137 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Locked Thread
Exactly right Cam. Wayne I'd normally save this for a PM, and we know each other, but getting personal at the mods is a bit rich and is helping no cause. We are all normal blokes with slightly differing opinions but with a common love of old gear. Lets not lose sight of that.

Regardless of your views on what the Goverment should or shouldn't be doing, finally blowing your stack on the topic on here was wrong. This is a vintage truck forum and the negativity reflects on the hosts of this forum as Cam said.

The rules are there, abide by them. And that goes for everyone. I'm at a loss why this just doesn't sink in. If you want to bitch about everything else going on in the country go to facebook. Unless you put some nude selfies on there chances are it'll stay up.

But not on here. Political views and religious choices are best left unsaid.

And TDU, thanks for seeing the point of why what was done was done. We weren't offended but unfortunately we had to realise that someone else may have been.

Case is closed.

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #136138 by
Replied by on topic Re: Locked Thread

i guess to a lot of us older Aussies the politically correct way is just not hard wired in...

...our next generation will have a better handle on it down the track....cheers fellas :) :) :)

Geez I'd hate to be an Aussie in 100 years..
Oh hang on there will be no such thing....
Everyone will be totally totallarian by then and everything will be offensive to someone somewhere!
Wait! That is now...
I miss 20 years ago.... :( :(

More
10 years 3 months ago #136139 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Locked Thread
Waynestr , You will be missed just like any one else that decide to leave, l see that ash is a exmember which is a shame ,it maybe over this l do not know, l have not seen what caused all the fuss and if you feel you need to take your bat and ball and leave so be it but you will be missed . Why can't we all except the umpires decision and get on with it .
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
10 years 3 months ago #136140 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Locked Thread
Not much offends me or the other mods, Wayne, but I will do what I think is best for the club in my role as mod.

Cheers very much, TDU.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
10 years 3 months ago #136141 by clarkie383
Replied by clarkie383 on topic Re: Locked Thread
Mods just keep on doing what your best at.
I may not agree with some decisions made but as they are the managers then i will accept their decisions.
Thank you to all the mods for a great job with constant criticism thrown your way.

Now lets move on and enjoy the Cunning/Keogh Kenworth resto thread........ ;) ;)

10 years 3 months ago #136142 by
Replied by on topic Re: Locked Thread
Mods keep up the good work you do it must be so hard when personally things don't worry you but then you have to put the moderators hat on and think of the big picture and what is best for the HCVC.

Trevor

More
10 years 3 months ago #136143 by Wilweld
Replied by Wilweld on topic Re: Locked Thread
The key here fellas is CONSISTENCY.

So long as no-one can get away with more than anyone else the mods decisions have to be respected. And for anyone taking the "what happened to the good old days" line, the fact that we are not living in the good old days (for better or worse) is the whole reason we have this forum.

It's a big sandpit and someone has to keep the peace.

Grant.

'79 F100- 302c 4spd&&'81 F350- Isuzu 6BB1&&Chamberlain Industrial MK11  (6G)

More
10 years 3 months ago #136144 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Locked Thread

It's a big sandpit and someone has to keep the peace.

That's why we need umpires. ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 3 months ago #136145 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: Locked Thread
Agreed that we need an umpire,but I still liked the one about the building application . ;D

More
10 years 3 months ago #136146 by Bitsa
Replied by Bitsa on topic Re: Locked Thread
Old Don, not far from the truth either

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds