Skip to main content

Engler Speedomoter Instructions

More
9 years 1 month ago #156140 by wannawagon
I have an Engler electronic speedometer which appears unused.

It is KMH and goes to 120 (also mph 80)

On the back there is stamped 24v (volt) and 11 84 and also 08-022013-000 ( which could be a date code? for 08/02/2013).

It has US patent 4,140,970 on the face.

on the back there are a set of dipswitches under a cover and seperate wire to the light.

There is also 2 plugs on the back - 2 of sets of 3 pins (they actually could be in one plug with 6 terminals?).

At present one set of 3 is in a blue surround, and the other in red (but this could have been previous owner with a niko).

does anyone have any instructions?,

I have seen an image on ebay USA of the book and it looks to also include Engler Tacho as well.

Even If someone had the wiring it would be good.

Is the dip switch settings same as other electronic speedos with impulses per km?

I am hoping to put it in my YMT motorhome as the Speedo drive on the SMOT eaton is fairly worn and someone previous has played with it, it doesnt seem to have enough grip to drive the long (must be 6m) speedo cable anymore , but I am hoping it will power a Hall sensor ok.

Sorry about the length of the topic....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #156141 by wannawagon
Just thought I would add that I have found some instructions that say there should be 5 wires that come from the 6 pin plug (it sounds like there is actually an Engler plug for this but I should be able to do it without).

The Grey is +, White/Black is _, then the transducer coming from it has Red, Black and green - which i assume are +, - and signal (green).

Does anyone have an Engler in a truck that might have the wired plug and which wire colour comes from which Pin? If I knew what the wire colours were I am sure I cold sort the rest out.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 1 month ago #156142 by Swishy
WW
Gudday M8

May B thiz could get U in ........ or outa truble

[img

C ... CCC

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 1 month ago #156143 by wannawagon
Thanks Swishy - thought it might be good for some kind of help with the dip switches but it turns out they have 10 while mine only has 8, might still help with logic on dips.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 1 month ago #156144 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 1 month ago #156145 by wannawagon
Thanks heaps Swishy - at present my computer is coming up with a cant open link - some protocol error - but I will try it from a different computer.

Much appreciated

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds