Skip to main content

My Xmas Present

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #217340 by Lang
My Xmas Present was created by Lang
This has absolutely nothing to do with trucks but with a large smattering of rev-heads on the forum I thought some might be interested.

I sold my 1980 FIAT Spider (which I loved) because I could no longer stand the Queensland summer without aircon.

I immediately had withdrawal symptoms so in a fit of generosity and seasonal goodwill I went out and bought my wife a Xmas present.

I think it was Penske who said "The only time you have enough power is when you can leave two continuous black lines from the start of the straight to the braking area at the end"

I found a Nissan 370Z. Very conservative with 7 speed auto (plus gear flippers on the wheel). Amazing amount of room. Only change will be removal of the 25 year old's million decibel exhaust and replacement with a 73 year old's sound. We intend leaving in a few weeks to do the full 14,000km Highway One trip around Australia. I think 345kw (462hp) might make it take hills without too much downshifting.

Great car I am sure she will love it when she sees it, in fact, actually when she finds out about it.

Wonder if the seats are comfortable enough to permanently sleep in out in the garage?

Lang

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 4 months ago #217341 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic My Xmas Present
N Joy

do U think there may B nuff room in the beast for a christnin
not 4 getn th@ u're not as young az U use 2 B
LOL
merrychristmas
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #217342 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic My Xmas Present
Swishy

If I suggested that, physically impossible as it may appear at this stage in life, I think the best I could expect is that she might offer to pay for the motel room out of the shopping money and leave the curtain open so we could see the car.

Lang

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #217343 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic My Xmas Present
Lang, it'll do the Big lap a Bit quicker than the OKA will..!!

Enjoy..

Swishy, I doubt if there's a back seat in that beast..LOL

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by hayseed.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217344 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic My Xmas Present
Well bugger me, I could raise all sorts of serious reasons why this isnt a good idea, BUT who really cares ? Not me as almost all of my ideas are even less sensible than this

Just make sure no one looses their license and all should be good

Mind you that green Dodge wagon in your profile picture looks more my style

Good luck and travel safe, thing looks so quick you'll be done before you leave :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #217348 by Lang
Ah hah! All you naysers.

On the way back from the shops I pulled the "Oh I just remembered that I want to drop in and have a look at a car for a few minutes"

As we pulled up she said "That is a pretty little car parked in the driveway of that house over the road"

Anyhow, one thing led to another and she drove it home. I lost points by saying that through the very dark windows she looked like a blonde dolly-bird driving an expensive sports car bought by her sugar daddy or ten times worse, a barrister's wife. Quickly overcoming this foxes paw she was won over (except for the sound of an FA-18 Super Hornet on steroids).

Just returned from the motor registry and the car is now in her name.

As an aside Shannons said this car is uninsurable for anyone under 30 but seeing we are a couple of years over the cutoff age and it was only a second car they would do full comprehensive for $530.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 4 months ago #217349 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic My Xmas Present
win win
N joy your ride
n also in the car
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #217358 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic My Xmas Present
That was a lovely thing to do Lang. Hope you both enjoy your trip around the block. Clockwise or counterclockwise?
We too had been buying pricey Christmas presents. Recently updated our camper trailer to a 17' pop top, took delivery of the new Toyota Hiace turbo diesel van and to top it off my mobile phone went bum up yesterdy so a new one of them came home today, still learning to operate all 3. Then lets not forget about the 'late' green tree frog that short circuited our a/c unit and blew it to bits and cost another $1450.00 to replace. So now there is a frog, snake, lizard and mouse proof cage over the new unit.
Bonus was that the VE commodore went ot a good home tonight.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by cobbadog.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217362 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic My Xmas Present
Lang, I was thinking if you moved this one, put that one over there, the new one would fit next to the OKA and you could admire the 370 every time you rolled over in bed. :unsure:

More
3 years 4 months ago #217365 by Lang
Wasn't so much thinking about admiring the car just suspected I might be relegated to sleeping in it in the garage when she found out. As we have seen "Life is full of fear about things that never happen" and all is well. Normal sleeping arrangements but forgoing any of Swishy's suggested teenage acrobatics in a car sans rear seat.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds