Skip to main content

RWC inspector in Gippsland.

More
1 week 5 days ago #251603 by Morris
Can anyone give me the name and phone number if possible, of someone in the Gippsland area who can do a RWC inspection of a 60 year old truck.  The GM is said to be 6150 kg.

A mate of mine had booked it in for me with his mate in Korumburra last Friday and assured me that they could do any truck.  After a frantic few weeks, with me and another mate working six days a week on it and a bone-shattering hour's drive, the Roadworthy man phoned me later in the day and said his licence only lets him do roadworthys on vehicles up to 4500 kg. so that is the end of the plan to drive it, (a Morris) towing my 1927 tandem drive Morris, behind it and carrying my 1969 Morris 1800 Ute to Shepparton for the every two years Morris Rally this week.
Wife and I will have to drive the Ute.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #251606 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic RWC inspector in Gippsland.
Morris, could you not get an unregistered permit, to attend the meeting? Use relocation as the reason for the permit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 week 4 days ago #251615 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic RWC inspector in Gippsland.
V8Ian
I did think about doing that but engineer mate said doing a 1000 kilometre round trip in an untested vehicle was very risky.  He pointed out that if it broke down, it would cost me a fortune to have the truck and tandem trailer taken home. Whereas If I drive the ute and it needs towing home, I can take my own tandem trailer to rescue it.
OH, well, the next time the event will be held in Victoria will be in 2032 and I will only be 87 and a half years old, if I am still alive and still capable of driving. South Aus will have a turn before that and it is not all that far away.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 week 3 days ago #251627 by Mrsmackpaul
I reckon I got a truck RWC at Fowlers house removal in Trafalgar 25 years ago

They have a big workshop

Thats not far from Korrumburra, I reckon any of the big truck dealers would do a RWC on trucks

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds