Skip to main content

Chevrolets

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #218473 by Lang
Chevrolets was created by Lang
Well, after selling the jeep and the toybox fund healthy again I started looking for a WW2 staff car to do the Alice Springs to Darwin military convoy in July.

Went up to Toowoomba and managed to do a straight swap trade of my Clarktor airfield towmotor for a 1940 Chevrolet. Management was really happy as she saw that no money changed hands and she would have a comfortable trip in a lovely smooth car not some noisy 4x4 truck.

Then it went off the rails. The morning we left to do the above deal my Gumtree search alert pinged and another 1940 Chevrolet car popped up. So on the way home I swung past Roadvale - never heard of it? neither had I - south of Ipswich. Now I have two 1940 Chevrolets.

Management response was somewhat cooler but she has been fully convinced by my argument that I can get the best possible vehicle out of the two (both are very straight and nice drivers) and then make our fortune selling the spare.

I swapped this:

For this:

Then undid all the good work by also buying this:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, V8Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218474 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Chevrolets
I reckon you should Give Bev the Black one as a Valentines day Present...!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 3 months ago #218475 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Chevrolets
Good thinking! I did once give her a lawnmower for a birthday present. Strange as it may seem she loves mowing lawns but not whipper snipping. Unfortunately I do not do it to the required standard so she does the whole job.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 3 months ago #218476 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Chevrolets
Hi,

you could probably get a pretty decent cutting deck under the black one so that should keep her happy. :)

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
3 years 3 months ago #218477 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Chevrolets

Lang wrote: Good thinking! I did once give her a lawnmower for a birthday present. Strange as it may seem she loves mowing lawns but not whipper snipping. Unfortunately I do not do it to the required standard so she does the whole job.

Lang

Funny you should say that about lawn mowing, the Princess is the same and loves lawn mowing
And I to bought her a new lawn mower some years ago as a birthday present, she loves it

And just like you my standard of a mowed lawn isnt up to the exacting standards of the Princesses

She loves lawn mowing, she becomes like a possessed phsyco on the mower and time and any other commitments mean nothing, must get her drug tested as it's not quite normal :dry:

We have spoken about this weird obsession before and the Princess describes it as she gets to see and everyone else can see the results of her labours, unlike house work

I dunno, I just let her go

Good news on the Chev's

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH

More
3 years 3 months ago #218480 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Chevrolets
Same here. Give her a zero turn and the obsession will ratchet up, never look at a tractor type again.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218491 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Chevrolets

mammoth wrote: Same here. Give her a zero turn and the obsession will ratchet up, never look at a tractor type again.

That was exactly what I did

There was no stopping her after that lol

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 3 months ago #218496 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Chevrolets
Dee also loves the lawn mowers and mowing when she is not behind the sewing machine making curtains. After I sprayed the HYBRID lawnmower I knocke dup out of spares of different models just to upset the purists Dee asked if I would paint her mower,,,,,PINK. So thats exacly what I did, a lovely bright pink Victa she had bought brand new some time back. This use to go to Rallies and was a hit with the girls. Even I would use it from time to time when allowed. Many years later the deck rusted right out so we bought a brand new deck and a nnnew paint job. Now it is for show only as there are so many other mowers to mow with.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #218519 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Chevrolets
Life is never easy. Picked up the first Chev and blew the intercooler hose off the Navara for the second time in 10 days! Limped into Ipswich and got it put back on in 10 minutes with the correct clip. Still love it. Bloke before me spent a gazillion on it and it has over 200hp and 600nm of torque and did not know the Chev was on behind.

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 years 3 months ago #218524 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Chevrolets
Must've seen you just minutes after that, turning onto Ipswich Road in Bundamba. You were on a mission!
It's a decent looking car. I like it.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds