Skip to main content

Cheap work clobber

• Topic Author
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #22537 by
Cheap work clobber was created by
G'day all! - Well, I hope this post isn't regarded as a commercial ad for a business .. but I just wanted to give you blokes a heads-up about Rivers work clobber. Rivers have a tendency to sell a lot of cheap Chinese stuff at Myer-type prices .. but every now and then, you get on a winner with them.
I scored a couple of pairs of khaki overalls off one of their shops for $14.50 a pair, early last year, when they decided to throw them out on special.

Now, those two pairs of overalls have done pretty good service the last year, with the press studs being the main problem. They were a pretty cheap press stud, of course, and a few fell off in the wash. The missus soaked them in some pretty vicious (caustic) soaking powder, and that seemed to eat away at the metal in the press studs, which didn't help .. :'( .. however, I bought a packet of stainless steel press studs off eBay and fixed that little problem ..

Now .. they are getting a bit torn and thin, and I started looking for some more. Never found any in the Rivers shops for less than $49.90 .. the going rate .. so I thought I'd look at Rivers store, online. Well, knock me over with a feather .. here's the same overalls getting chucked out for $19.90 .. online purchases only.

I ordered a couple of pairs again, and with $8.80 postage, the two pairs came to less than the price of one pair in the shops! They arrived within about 4 days (much better than that useless Ezibuy crowd), and I am wrapped in the new pairs!
The cotton in the new overalls is heavier weight, the stitching is not just triple stitching .. it's QUADRUPLE stitching! ..
They've got pockets all over, for virtually anything ya wanna carry .. they've got inbuilt kneepads, with removable rubber pads! .. and the press studs are far better quality than the previous versions! All in all, I'm very pleased with the deal and the product, so I thought I'd boom them up on here.

I know a lot of blokes get things like overalls supplied as part of their job, or they only buy Yakka, or King Gee .. that's O.K. by me .. but for anyone like me who has to find the dineros themselves to spring for work wear .. these overalls are bloody good value, IMO .. 8-)

I won't put up the link to Rivers online store, in case I get accused of commercial use of the forum .. but just Googling "Rivers online store" soon finds it .. and all you need do is click on "Mens clothing -> Industrial wear" and you're there .. 8-)

I also just got an email saying they are clearing jeans at $18, too .. for 4 days only (21st-24th Feb), so if you aren't looking for overalls, I've always found Rivers jeans wear pretty well, as work gear, too ..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22538 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Cheap work clobber
Good tip - does the size refer to waist, chest or what. Legs n arms look short, howz yours?

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #22539 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Cheap work clobber

Must

Say

JuanTrak

L@@kz absoluteley stunning

in

hiz

New attyre

LOL

;D

img26.imageshack.us/img26/5510/ozpozer.jpg
WotSayU

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Swishy.

• Topic Author
14 years 2 months ago #22540 by
Replied by on topic Re: Cheap work clobber
Swishy - ROFL!! .. good one, ya got me there! .. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mammoth - The size is waist size, they are pretty generously sized, to go over your regular clothing. Arms are satisfactory length, leg length is long! I've got Duck's Disease (shortar$e), so I have to take 15cm off the legs!
I usually have to shorten most off-the-shelf trousers, but rarely do I have to chop off 15cm.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds