Skip to main content

Mobile phone service.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #243880 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Mobile phone service.
YHes Lang ca see the benefit but it is still a dollar and cents thing. I would rather eat than make a phone call any day. I know thats over exagerating a lot but there are limits as to how money goes. I dont care if I am not online every day or week like we were at Echuca unless we were downtown somewhere then I could and did have a quick look. Here in Ararat the WIFI in the part is excellent and can stream tv if we wanted but there is enough on the HDD in the van from previous holidays to deal with times when reception is less than good.
We head off to Mt Gambier in the morning so hopefully the3 WIFI there reaches the whole camp ground or at least where we will be put onsite. This Ararat has been a very pleasant surprise with things that interest us and need to be back in the district sometime to see the Grampians

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by hayseed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #243882 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Mobile phone service.

By choice I would be with Telstra (I was with them when I got my first phone in 1992!) !

A slight Topic divergence...LOL...

I was Telling some of My Kids Mates the other Day. how in 1991 I paid $1800 for a Second hand Phone. It was a Current Model Motorola that Strathfield car radio (Remember them) were selling New for $4000 Fitted.
It had a Box the size of a Briefcase under the Passenger seat & big handset mount on the Dash.. & It was Phone Only No Voicemail, No Text, & No Internet..
They all thought I was Full of It..

According to this . www.rba.gov.au/calculator/annualDecimal.html $1 in 1991 is worth $2.15 in 2022..

times change..!!

Today a cheap Phone from the Post Office, has more computing power than the First Apollo Space ship that landed on the Moon...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, Inter-Action, Lang, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds