Skip to main content

Another Nothing New Under The Sun

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #247340 by JOHN.K.
The 1974 D2F /Commer in my back yard had a weird type of maxi brake .....they have no springs ,and would lock on ,and couldnt be released without air pressure..........not spring brakes ,no springs............To fit spring maxis I would have to completely rehash the air system .....which I never got around to ,as the price of petrol went sky high at the same time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #247345 by Lang
If you have 20 minutes to read about Tesla here is a link. He was one of the greatest minds of all time. Unfortunately he was battling Edison all his life, another of the great minds.

Neither man was particularly good at finance and their success was controlled by the money men such as J.P. Morgan and Westinghouse. Edison was an egotist and blatant publicity hound who could do no wrong in the public eye while Tesla was always the Serbian immigrant.

There is a great new movie out called "The Current Wars" with Benedict Cumberbatch which is a very simplified story of the battle between Tesla and Edison, particularly the DC vs AC argument.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis, theabundantlife

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #247361 by Mrsmackpaul
History tells us the smarter one of the two, it really is a shame Tesla couldn't capitalize fully on his ideas

Edison was really a rouge, but he was able to put a good spin on things

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds