10 months 3 weeks ago #246075 by Lang
"Customer states" was created by Lang
There are a few laughs in here!

The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, theabundantlife

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #246077 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic "Customer states"
I regularly watch these. Shake my head at some of it.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #246112 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic "Customer states"
I watched it and was amazed.
However, not only car drivers do stupid things. Last Sunday, Wife and I sat in our car and ate lunch while watching people launch and retrieve pleasure boats from trailers. Two men reversed their boat down the ramp and tried to launch it. Despite rocking the boat up and down furiously, it would not float clear. Eventually, they drove to the top of the ramp and removed the strap securing the stern of the boat to its trailer, after which they had no more trouble.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #246113 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic "Customer states"
Morris

I live on the Pine River in Brisbane and we have a large boat ramp about 200m away. Many hilarious incidents have been seen from my front deck, mostly to do with incompetant trailer backing.

The husband and wife "discussions" about backing directions and holding boats can be clearly heard if the wind is coming our way.

The funniest I have seen was the return of a couple in a very choppy sea with a strong wind. Boat is grounded on the ramp, husband and wife jump off and he pushes it into waist deep water for her to hold while he gets the trailer. The poor, small, woman is being lifted off her feet in the swell trying to hang on to the boat. Old mate is jack-knifing the trailer down the ramp, getting more frustrated while hanging out the window yelling at the "stupid woman" to stop the boat hitting the bottom on every wave.

Finally the poor girl has had enough. As the trailer is eventually reaching her, after the third jacknife on the ramp, he lets out another torrent of abuse to his wife who must by now be bruised all over. Very calmly she lets the boat go and walks slowly past him to disappear down the road into the distance.

By the time he had convinced another boaty to help him, his vessel was a kilometre away heading down the river on the outgoing tide about to go under the bridge and out into Moreton Bay.

I doubt he would have his favourite dinner awaiting him when he eventually arrived home.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis, PDU

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #246114 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic "Customer states"

I doubt he would have his favourite dinner awaiting him when he eventually arrived home.

Lang

Hot Tongue & Cold shoulder...??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH, Zuffen

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #246124 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic "Customer states"
Sunday evening, 1960's, boat ramp at end of North Rd Brighton.
Weather on bay turned rough, so many boaties getting their craft out.
Mark 1 Zephyr reverses trailer, back wheels at water's edge.
Winch a fair size boat on, just as a fair size wave rolls in.
Boat, trailer and car washed out, old Zephyr floated for a minute then
sank with lots of bubbles rising. Bit of rust in the doors.
Didn't wait about to see what happened next.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #246126 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic "Customer states"
I find boat ramps an endless form of amusement. Best yet was an hour or so at Jacobs Wells on the Gold Coast. It was really worth being eaten by the mossies to see what happens here. The amount that cannot back a trailer for a start just rattles my mind. Saw a few that never undid the ssafety cahin or strap when trying to launch. One reversing job managed to block all 3 lanes of the ramp and when he let the boat go from the trailer it smashed into the jetty. By far on the day was the captain made the wise decision to be in the boat while his ol' mate reversed down the ramp and pushed the boat out into the river. At this stage Captain numb nuts tried to start the motor. No go even after a good 15 minutes of pulling on the rope. By this time he was on the drift down stream. Out with just one oar to make his way to the bank while ol' mate is yelling at him some ideas. Eventually back at shore he had the kill switch on. The language did make me feel at home but I dont think the kids were up for it.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, V8Ian

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #246127 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic "Customer states"

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #246131 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic "Customer states"
Love it. But must be an old sign. I think you could easily get $20 now, no problem,
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by overnite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds