Skip to main content

Diamond T 950,s

More
13 years 4 months ago #41448 by Assessor
Diamond T 950,s was created by Assessor
Lets talk about these! melon head???
what say you, last bloke that had one as an avatar sure coped it, how many were made? what motors?

caption says 950,s out of Chicago

Cheers Adam 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41449 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Diamond T 950,s
ok

less than 100 ever made,, maybee sorta 30 left .. the orange one is from the golden age of trucking museum in connecticut U.S.A. it is running a NHRBS320 supercharged cummins.
they came with cummins
NH220 natural aspirated
275 supercharged
300 supercharged
supercharged Buda diesel and Hallscott petrol.

years ago a legend of the 70's put a 12V71 into a 950
and some of the restored one's kicking about have a NTC 350 bigcam fitted to them............... :-* :-*
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by melonreo.

13 years 4 months ago #41450 by
Replied by on topic Re: Diamond T 950,s
Melonreo - No mention of a Hall-Scott petrol engine in the 950/951 spec sheet. The Hall-Scott-powered Diamond T must have had another designation.

heavytruck.narod.ru/Diamond/Diamond.files/t950a.jpg

More
13 years 4 months ago #41451 by mike garrett
Replied by mike garrett on topic Re: Diamond T 950,s

ok adam..
i can't hang off any longer...
you tell him!
and hurry up or i gotta post the first pic of the big girl!
And was it true that chocs and scrawny were spied heading in an, away from melbourne direction with a really special cargo on a certain crane truck...hmmmm
come on adam...let it out...thats the boy!
pump him melon...he can't hold it much longer! :-[
chocs 8-)

You fellas have got me wondering here infact you may soon be responsible for a kiwi not sleeping :-? :-?

More
13 years 4 months ago #41452 by melonreo
COM ON
ADAM
cut the mustard what have you done now :D. you know your itchin to tell us ;D

13 years 4 months ago #41453 by
Replied by on topic Re: Diamond T 950,s
Incidentally, the Golden Age of Trucking Museum is no more, from the 20th July this year. They ran at a loss for the 8 yrs they were in operation, and ended up $100,000 in debt.
They tried to raise the money from donations and only got $20,000.

Seems to me like they weren't properly run from the word go .. didn't charge enough .. didn't select a really good site with lots of traffic (the museum was in a rural area and off the high-traffic roads) .. and they didn't know how to promote themselves.

A lot of the vehicles in the Museum were on loan from their owners, so it appears they will return to those owners.

The Diamond T 951S, which belongs to the family of Richard Guerrera (who started the museum and who died shortly before it opened) is not very original.
It has been substantially modified with a lengthened chassis .. a sleeper added .. repowered with a BC NTC-350 Cummins .. a 4 speed OD joey has replaced the original 3 speed .. the original Timken rear bogie has been replaced by a Kenworth 4 spring with Rockwell axles .. and it has been fitted with alumimium wheels, air-conditioning, and power steering. I guess the cab may be original! .. :D

The orange 950RS in the museum does appear to be original.

One of the more interesting trucks there, is the 1940 Dodge VKDA 60. This is a very rare truck, the first diesel Dodge produced in-house, with a totally Dodge-designed-and-built diesel engine, that used Lanova "energy cell" fuel injection.
Unfortunately, this truck sold like lead balloons. Only about 145 were built between 1939 and 1942, when Dodge abandoned the truck.

A real shame, because the truck really was a winner, but the technology was too frightening to many truck buyers .. and gasoline was still dirt cheap, lessening the attractiveness of diesel.
In addition, diesels were always regarded as being very hard to start in the bitter North American winters, so the buyers just couldn't be swayed to buy them.

Museum website .. www.goldenagetruckmuseum.com/list_of_trucks.shtml

Museum visit (with pics) .. www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47804

Article on closure .. www.oldcarsweekly.com/article/Golden-Age...king-Museum-to-close

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41454 by Assessor
Replied by Assessor on topic Re: Diamond T 950,s
My lips are sealed :-X :-X

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Assessor.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41455 by mike garrett
Replied by mike garrett on topic Re: Diamond T 950,s

My lips are sealed :-X :-X

And I'm not gonna sleep again to night ::)

More
13 years 4 months ago #41456 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Diamond T 950,s
Adam, not too sure about your lips being sealed Mate, but if your good Lady finds that in ya truck your a$$hole will be well & truly sealed for ever!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X :-X :-X

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41457 by melonreo
MMMMMMMMM are we talking ,S2 extended hood ;)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by melonreo.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds