Skip to main content

Photoshop skills required, want to help

More
13 years 3 months ago #42168 by makeminea2stroke
Hi

As you may know I have a Denning Landseer Bus, and I want to raise the roof. Most I have seen look really bad at the front. I have 2 thoughts on how to do mine

Raise the whole roof and put in taller screens or
Raise the flat section of the roof and copy the look of an aerodyne cab up front. At the top of the sloping section.

Anyone with some photoshop skills want to have a go at showing what my Denning would look like with the roof raised to the level of the Airconditioner on the roof at the back. At the front I would like to have a step up at the point where the flat roof starts that looks like the stepup on the Kenworth aerodyne cabs.

Any one know roughly the height this stepup is?

here is my rig
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/makeminea2stroke/IMG_1591.jpg?t=1294197697

Thanx in advance
Glen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #42169 by geoffb
Have a look at bus at the start of this clip The roof was raised 150 mm It is an Austral but same effect but there was a lot of chasing rust in the frame. Once framed fibreglass sheet stretch and fixed on sides
www.youtube.com/user/saloonscott#p/u/13/tlYdMLQQDys

More
13 years 3 months ago #42170 by
Here is something until someone with more skills arrives :D

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

More
13 years 3 months ago #42171 by jimbo51
Why do you want to raise the roof - too tall?

What will happen to the air-con unit?

13 years 3 months ago #42172 by
Just wait until some mongrel knocks off ya spare wheel or your tools .. you'll be raising the roof in next to no time .. ;D ;D ;D

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #42173 by
Seriously - These following people have worked over a Domino coach, including raising the roof. Lots of pics, lots of info .. and after 7 yrs and $160,000 .. they still haven't finished .. and they've run out of money .. :'(

www.mammothmotorhome.com/

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #42174 by jimbo51
Just thought it would look better and be easier to do with a smooth transition.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by jimbo51.

More
13 years 3 months ago #42175 by makeminea2stroke
Hi Stu, Good work, is that the Pup"s Bus? That gives me a bit of an idea.

Jimbo and Geoffb thanks also, but I don't really like the look of the extended slope or the steeper slope (but I might have to learn to like it though)

I've followed the Mamoth money pit and I certainly won't be following their path (if I can help it). After all that money it's still an old Domino with 8V71. But they certainly have not cut too many corners.

At this stage aircon and pod are going to go. Might keep a cut down version of the fibrglass surrounds to hid the air intake and keep the bus look.

Need to raise it as not much room between floor under seats and roof. My layout isn't going to have a corridor right down the middle so sunken isle is going to be filled in as well.

If anyone wants to play more It would be nice to see the side windows extended up the amount of the raise as well.

Thanx for the responses

Cheerz
Glen

More
13 years 3 months ago #42176 by jimbo51
Glen,
Is the floor under the seats built up and able to be removed - as in the full floor is at the level of the aisle?

More
13 years 3 months ago #42177 by
G'day Glen,

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds