Skip to main content

Hot Truck

More
13 years 3 months ago #42286 by Rusty Engines
Hot Truck was created by Rusty Engines
Got this from my son a while back and I thought he said it was somwhere in Queensland
Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #42287 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Hot Truck
Blair Athol coal mine in Queensland :o

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
13 years 3 months ago #42288 by Daninmky
Replied by Daninmky on topic Re: Hot Truck
Here is some more pics of the dragline attacking it, I have some more but ImageShack is playing up at the moment.

By null at 2011-01-07

By null at 2011-01-07

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

13 years 3 months ago #42289 by
Replied by on topic Re: Hot Truck
Photo caption for No. 2 picture .. "Shortly after commencing the truck driving, Darryl decided this great job offer from Satan, wasn't all it was cracked up to be ... " ;D ;D ;D

13 years 3 months ago #42290 by
I also heard a little story in the last day or two .. that one very large, well-known Iron Ore company .. lost a $3M excavator to fire, at Tom Price, this week .. :'( :'(

www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/06/3107644.htm

More
13 years 3 months ago #42291 by

Photo caption for No. 2 picture .. "Shortly after commencing the truck driving, Darryl decided this great job offer from Satan, wasn't all it was cracked up to be ... " ;D ;D ;D

HA! :D

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

More
13 years 3 months ago #42292 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Hot Truck
they are actually loading that burning coal on to the truck deliberatly so that the can remove the burning coal away from the main body as the will never stop it from burning the entire seam of coal,,,,better to destroy a couple of million dollars worth of gear ,rather than billions of dollars worth of coal

More
13 years 3 months ago #42293 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: Hot Truck
G'day Rusty , and all ,
those simply are amazing pictures , I have looked at them quite a few times. It really does look like Satan's colliery !
Especially that photo of the face shovel with the lights on and the dump truck driving away with the load of burning coal. Amazing !
Pat, I have a question , would the operators of those machines have to volunteer for those duties ? Or would they just be expected to do it ? Would they be getting extra dollars like "danger money " for doing that?
I showed my wife those photos unfortunately, as my 21 year old son has applied for a trainee operator position at a coal mine in the Hunter Valley, now she has hit the panic button!
I remember in my old apprentice fitter days going to Swanbank colliery near Ipswich in QLD to look at a machine and bits of smoking coal laying about. A worker at the mine said 'dozer blades just striking it can start it on fire . Would that be correct?
Harleigh.

More
13 years 3 months ago #42294 by Daninmky
Replied by Daninmky on topic Re: Hot Truck

G'day Rusty , and all ,
those simply are amazing pictures , I have looked at them quite a few times. It really does look like Satan's colliery !
Especially that photo of the face shovel with the lights on and the dump truck driving away with the load of burning coal. Amazing !
Pat, I have a question , would the operators of those machines have to volunteer for those duties ? Or would they just be expected to do it ? Would they be getting extra dollars like "danger money " for doing that?
I showed my wife those photos unfortunately, as my 21 year old son has applied for a trainee operator position at a coal mine in the Hunter Valley, now she has hit the panic button!
I remember in my old apprentice fitter days going to Swanbank colliery near Ipswich in QLD to look at a machine and bits of smoking coal laying about. A worker at the mine said 'dozer blades just striking it can start it on fire . Would that be correct?
Harleigh.

They would be volunteers, and it would depend if they were paid danger money on the site. Generally mine sites will no longer make you do anything you dont feel comfortable doing but the older fella's always show the young ones up by putting their hands up.
I am actually sitting 30 km's away from the mine at the moment in Capella watching the rain come down, look out Emerald its 50k the other side of me.

You "could" start a fire with the spark of a dozer blade but a higher rate of methane gas than ambient air would be needed for this to happen (rare unless drainage hole).
Methane gas has an explosive range from 5ppm through to 14ppm once over this range it becomes inert and will no longer ignite. There are dozens of graphs that you can use to map this over a period when taking samples. Pike River sadly went through this heating and had an ignition but due to no live gas monitoring it was undetected.
Tell your wife not worry, I work in the underground mines and although I have helped put plenty of falls back up etc I still beleive driving or crossing the road is 10 time more dangerous.
I have plenty of mining photo's I can put up if anyone is interested.
;) Dan

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

More
13 years 3 months ago #42295 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Hot Truck
DAN

better throw them pictures up now that you told us where you work , i work in a open cut gold mine in central N.S.W.So i and every body else would keen as ever to see what you got 8-) 8-)

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds