Skip to main content

stand for a 20' shipping container ?suggestions?

More
13 years 2 months ago #46183 by hoarder1
Hi there,
I'm buying a 20' shipping container to use for extra storage at my shed. I want to lift it up so that the base is about 600 to 800 mm off the ground (to avoid any possible future flooding). It may or may not be a long term prospect- perhaps 12 to 24 months.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have plans for legs? Steel or timber.

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 2 months ago #46184 by Swishy

HoardR
GuddayM8
Eye aint no x pert
But eye do buy n sell Containers
Container R designed to B supported in each cnr where the twist lok blox iz
along the side tiz only bit of tin U C hangn down
ifn U want 600mm hi U could use 8foot long sleepers running across each end to pik up twist lok blox
it would make it more stable to have full length timbers @ 8' other than a a few blox in each cnr
also U could grab 4 of 5 gallon drums (20Liter)
cut the top out of said drums n fill with concrete n smooth off, then it dont matter if drum rusts away cos U stihl have concrete barrel shape for a support( even plastic drums could/would do filled with concrete

Lookn further down the trak eye'v sold containers to farms where by the leave a large gap B tween containers n string a roof B tween containers n eventually enclose n lok up
(all open to the imagination of wot size roof U can spread across said containers

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #46185 by
Geez, around my neck of the woods, 4 old car engine blocks, one kicked under each corner, are the finest container stands a man can provide .. ;)
This matches stylishly with the 17 cars up on wood blocks, in the back and front yards .. :D ;D

More
13 years 2 months ago #46186 by Daninmky
We use 2 pylons from an old timber wharf on our container there about 800mm high, works great. Just remember to get squarish ones are you may find it elsewhere in big winds :-/

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

More
13 years 2 months ago #46187 by werkhorse
Well I cart containers for living with a sideloader..........and I deliver a lot of sale boxes to people for sheds etc. I've found railway sleepers are about the best for short term...say up to 12 months...and concrete piles....either drums filled with concrete or similar....are the best for longer term.

steel can be a bit expensive if you are going to have some weight in it where as concrete you can do it your self.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 2 months ago #46188 by Fuller-Vit
Dan, Just out of Tully there is a 20 foot container laying on its side. Blown over by Cyclone Yasi.

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

More
13 years 2 months ago #46189 by HeyCharger
Just slightly off topic, I want to send my DISASSEMBLED Cat D2 from Sydney area to Brisbane, as a bloke up there has bought it. I think the easiest way is to put it into a container (possibly a 10') and send all the pieces. Apart from the D2 itself, there is the blade and frame. Anyone done this before and know any reasonable businesses to contact?. Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
13 years 2 months ago #46190 by Sarge
Hoarder. our main man Blacksmith Pete is the bloke to talk to, he makes his container stand up sit down and git up the back....

on a good day it will even do a little dance... ;D ;D

all his own work...

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds