Skip to main content

Suggestions on moving goods

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #46216 by cobba
Am watching (have made a bid) on some Sunrasia type rims that will fit my Inter on Ebay.

Problem is they are in Currumbin Waters QLD and I am here near Wodonga VIC.

I have made enquires at this end with a couple of local transport companies but they have depots in Brissy, not Gold Coast.
The owner says he can drop them off to a depot if they won't pick em up, but only in the Gold Coast area, not Brisbane.
My problem is I don't have a clue What companies have depots in that area.

Any of you guys up in the sunny state have any suggestions??
Likewise to you fellas in Victoria. If a truck is going to Melbourne then it's going pretty close to past my door and if I had to drive out to the freeway at 2am to collect em, then I would.

I've got till Thursday night to sort this out. Friday morning they are sold.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by cobba.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #46217 by
Replied by on topic Re: Suggestions on moving goods
Cobba - Have a look at this lot here .. shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=courier+ser...=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I picked a bloke off eBay offering a courier/taxi-truck service around Sydney. Contacted the man and told him what I wanted .. which involved picking up a 450kg bandsaw I wanted to buy, and delivering it to a freight depot in Chester Hill.
What was even more a little risky, was the seller wanted cash. The courier sounded like a straight bloke, and I told him I wanted him to pay the seller, and I would pay him the courier fee and the payment amount.
We arranged the deal (he took a few $$'s for getting the cash out), and he was good as gold. One advantage of eBay is the feedback, you can at least get some idea of people's reliability that way.

The part I often have trouble with, is the intransigence of sellers. Just had a deal for forklift tyres pulled out from under me on the weekend. Seller advertises new forklift tyres for good price.
I make offer .. seller accepts .. I start to organise the $$$'s and courier pickup .. and seller (young girl) comes back and says ..
"Sorry, the deal is off .. Dad says I put them up too cheap, and he's already sold them to someone else .. " >:(
I love these kind of people. What I'd really love to do, is stuff them around, twice as much, as they stuffed me around .. >:(

More
13 years 2 months ago #46218 by Daninmky
Will call a good good friend at NQX tomorrow to see if there is a depot out that way although I do not think there is. But you never know if you dont ask hey ;)

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

13 years 2 months ago #46219 by
Cobba

Try Theo 0418504279 or theann at bigpond.net.au as he has 3 tilt trays running back to melb from brissy every week and very good on prices.

Trevor

More
13 years 2 months ago #46220 by Coupeute
I had some wheels sent up from Melbourne on "Pack & Send". They seemed to be good.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
13 years 2 months ago #46221 by cobba
Thanks Dave.
Have sent them an estimate request and should have an aswer back tomorrow.
They look the go I think. Will soon find out.

Cheers.

More
13 years 2 months ago #46222 by cobba
Hmmm. $396 to send them.
Makes them a pretty expensive set of sunrasias by the time I get em home.

Trevor. I left a message on Theo's answering service but haven't heard back from him as yet.

Dan in Mac. NQX have a depot in Nerang which is only 30Ks away. Have put in a request with them too but not expecting any better than the first price from Pack & Send. Be nice to be proven wrong tho. 8-)

Onetrack. Tried a few of those in the list you posted but they were only local couriers and would just get it to the nearest freight terminal. With 65 names on the list you provided and 1500Ks between us then I would spend as much on phone calls as I would on freight so I gave up on that idea pretty quick.

I am really hoping to find a driver that passes thru on occasions that would pick them up for some extra pocket money rather than a multi national company that calculates the price by a computer program.

Thanks all that offered help. I do appreciate your help. Will keep looking.

13 years 2 months ago #46223 by
Cobba

Give Theo another ring as i spoke to him today and he is bringing a trailer back to Wodonga early next week from north of Brisbane, and i know from past costs it will be a lot less than $400.

Trevor

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #46224 by cobba
Hey Trev. You are on a winner.
Spoke with Theo later today. He coulda picked em up today for me but the auction doesn't finish till tomorrow.

$100 to get em home. Gotta be happy with that.

Good to hear he is back thru next week. I should have the deal done and paid for by then without any issues (if I win it).

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by cobba.

More
13 years 1 month ago #46225 by IHScout
If that falls through try E-go.com.au Door to depot, Brisbane to Canberra cost me $12.10 for a 10kg package.

Dennis

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds