Skip to main content

Watch where you are reversing!!

More
13 years 1 month ago #48135 by ray
I Just received these pics and I suppose the motto is to watch out behind you when reversing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #48136 by
I used to own 6 x Michigan 475 loaders (86 tonnes and 9.5 cu. mt. buckets) .. and one dope I had working for me, backed right into one of my Holden utes, one day.

The ute was about 100M behind him, yet he was so intent on checking his levelling workmanship, that he backed up and up without looking, for that 100M .. and only stopped, when he felt a bump!

That "bump" was the rear wheels of the loader riding up the side of the ute!
He buggered it completely .. it was scrap, with two dirty great wheel indentations nearly a metre deep, in the front of the cab and the side of the ute .. :'(
The underside of the loader at the rear, was higher than a Holden ute cab, so the rear of the loader went right over the roof, and the wheels were the first thing to hit the ute.

Luckily it was a 15 yr old ute with 200,000 kms on the clock, so it wasn't a great loss. However, this bloke certainly wasn't in line for any promotion, and he was one of the first to go, when it came time to reduce the workforce.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48137 by bparo
ouch - I hope nobody was hurt

score CAT 1 Mack 0

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 1 month ago #48138 by geoffb
Just goes to show that a cat can beat a dog in a fight :P

More
13 years 1 month ago #48139 by Bugly
40,000 square miles of barren countryside, and the cat and the dog couldn't pass each other by without a scrap! :)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds