Skip to main content

Ashamed to be British. LONDONS BURNING !!

More
12 years 9 months ago #60083 by HeyCharger
Hey Roland, you be PROUD TO BE A POM

mashable.com/2011/08/09/riot-cleanup-london/
www.metro.co.uk/news/871942-manchester-r...takes-to-the-streets
The "Allied" spirit of two WW's will NEVER be defeated by this low-life scum.
Chin up, old boy! ;)

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60084 by Bugly
Don't let the rotters get to you, Roland old chum! Without that staunch British spirit, there would be no Dennis fire engines! ::)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 9 months ago #60085 by Digger

Roland, I kind of liked the Korean store owners solution in the LA riots some years back. Get up on the roof with a high-powered rifle, and sort out those who want to destroy, thieve on a wholesale basis, and institute anarchy. ;)

These people are third-worlders, with no respect for the law, police, peoples property, or public property.
They only deserve a bullet IMO, they have no place in a civilised nation. They claim they are "repressed", "downtrodden" and "marginalised", with poverty and joblessness.

Hey Blokes , I dont entirely disagree with expressions of anger or concern by writers here----i have a daughter the pride of my life in London too. So bear with me and think about this for while.
Read it through including the links and think about it for a while.
I have as much to loose as anyone but we do need to understand before we go ape $hit and panic.

The industrial revolution or perhaps even long before that and the perpetrators of greed are now about to wear the consequences of what has been allowed to happen over a long time.
Naturally they take us all down with them.
No body can take any tribal nations and crap on them/rape and pillage their countries and way of life forever with out eventually creating an anarchic situation.

This has happened world wide and we all if not today then soon will wear the consequences of what we have allowed to develop.
I do not diss agree with anyone's anxiety but the methods of control will need to be much more finely tuned than just a few short term knock a few off and keep going the way we are world wide.
There is a drastic need for a complete rethink of how the world and it`s people relate to each other full stop.
Currently some thing like 90% of the worlds riches [define rich ?] "rich" =if you are dry warm and well fed the rest is simply window dressing" ]] lies in the hands of lees than 10 % of the world population.
So we have anarchy plain and simple.
Unfortunately the worm has turned & this is just one expression of that happening.

There is or perhaps more correctly was a means to prevent this
a limit set on world population ##`S full bloody stop.
We simply can not really on a system [ Capitalist ] that requires sustained growth forever to maintain profits for a few and ever decreasing number of rich with the lot.
That does not imply there are immediately available solutions with other form of government and in the shorter term as like with any plague [mice or men ] it will destroy or cannibalize itself and take a lot of good people down in the process.
In this instance I don`t see any solutions other than the inevitable war(s) that will happen --just when --who knows.

Some times it`s good to be an older citizen in a good country like Australia but for goodness sakes blokes I hope we can defend it.
The one world global economy and all that goes with it will never work as long as there is inequality among any peoples.
Why do you think they want our guns back ?, and all this other political power [just one thing ] manipulation and control.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
So he was a bit late but the story is the same.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pilgrim%27s_Progress
But it`s been predicted long before as well.

My Politically correct composition ?, I doubt it !, but I have a few years of observation under my belt to help see the bigger picture.
Have listened to the old people and their advice for many years.

Keep as safe as you can and keep your powder dry ---unfortunately we may need it again.
If you have or believe in a god then look to it.
I apologize for nothing or to no one and if I have helped even one person to understand how things are or seem to be then it`s worth it.

Digger.

PS: I have a family history that has lost a good number of its members in two world wars too :(.
PPS : Hang in there Roland and Good luck from Aust`.

The definition of democracy is : Two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for lunch.
The definition of freedom is : A Well armed Lamb contesting the decision

More
12 years 9 months ago #60086 by Digger

like put bigger fences around housing estates ?

and throw meat in once a week ;)

Nah just to be a smart arse mate there`s a better way.

1 Count the numbers in the estate.
2 Throw in two flagons of very cheap wine for each person.
3 And one axe for each person.

They will solve it by themselves lol. ;D ;D ;)

Nah!, I am being an ar$$hole but it might work lol.

Digger.

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60087 by
Thank you all for your comments.

Partly by depriving the rest of the country of Police, and partly by many 'vigilante' type groups taking to the streets, things seem a bit quieter today.
PM is about to make an announcement.

The rioting/looting has almost stopped, at the moment, 4 deaths so far, about 1000 arrests, courts are operating 24/7... but the underlying problem is still there!

The general explanation being given by the rioters is...
Bankers are paying themselves too much...
HMG are fiddling their expenses....
So the rioters feel they can break the law also.

Many have no jobs, so they think its a good idea to rob and destroy the premises of their local potential employers, and also get a criminal record, so they wont get employed anyway... A Very Vicious circle.

I feel I have said enough, and before I get labelled a 'whinger', I am going to shut up.

Cheers
RS :)

• Topic Author
12 years 9 months ago #60088 by

Thank you all for your comments.

I feel I have said enough, and before I get labelled a 'whinger', I am going to shut up.

Cheers
RS :)

RS

Pommy and whinger in the same sentence NEVER.

Love the pictures of everyone with there brooms waving and getting stuck in with the clean up.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds