Skip to main content

Old BP films.

More
12 years 3 months ago #72311 by greenie
Old BP films. was created by greenie
Now here's something that you don't see everyday, reckon they were "hidden away", out of embarrassment.
Make sure you watch both of these "gems", OK, cringe a bit, but watch them right thru.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #72312 by myflint69
Replied by myflint69 on topic Re: Old BP films.

Great old films, you can just imagine those things happening with the "new chum"on board, the old man will love the footage of the Leyland. Funny how at 3.08 into the first film it shows the wheels of a twin steer headin out the track.

1969 Mack R600.
1969 C1600 Inter.
1964 MF 35 Tractor.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by myflint69.

More
12 years 3 months ago #72313 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Old BP films.
Greenie, thanks for putting that up. Don't cringe mate, it's all part of our history. You had to prove yourself before you got anywhere. Loved it. cya Tim ;) ;D

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
12 years 3 months ago #72314 by nz jamie
Replied by nz jamie on topic Re: Old BP films.
Good one mate,

What a great looking old banga that Buffalo is. I only knew it existed a few weeks ago when I saw some of Rufo's pics. To see it on film is great,there are some really good tracking shots on there.

Did you notice when they pull up at the stock yards the Buff has been changed for a Beaver?
Then later it swaps back to the Buff,two great old trucks in one film brilliant!

That beer must have tasted good

More
12 years 3 months ago #72315 by Malfunction
Replied by Malfunction on topic Re: Old BP films.
My teacher back 40 years ago showed this one lunch time at school because he wanted to see it. I had been searching for a long time for this one thinking it was a Shell film and not remembering the title didn't help too.

It was in the National Film archives and I got it sent up to Brisbane, State Library last year for viewing, It was slightly different to how I remembered it although the new chums gears 1;2;3;4;Reverse and chasing the wheels down the hill remained a vivid memory.
Now I can see it my own home even better!

Thanx

More
12 years 3 months ago #72316 by oldbugger
Replied by oldbugger on topic Re: Old BP films.
No cringing there, brilliant, makes you want to swing the billy

More
12 years 3 months ago #72317 by oldbob70
Replied by oldbob70 on topic Re: Old BP films.
G`Day
iItoo have memories of seeing that film back in the Uk nearly 50 years ago at an RAF station Cinema
Oldbob

More
12 years 3 months ago #72318 by elgindale
Replied by elgindale on topic Re: Old BP films.
The best sunday afternoon movie I have seen for years!

More
12 years 3 months ago #72319 by knighty
Replied by knighty on topic Re: Old BP films.
geez greenie, thats unreal, amazes me what comes up on this forum, how ya found that would be interesting also i've never seen a leyland look so good. jk :) :)

Lotsa Big Toys

• Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #72320 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old BP films.
You gotta smile at the movie makers representation of "Outback Australia" and remote area trucking.

1. I never saw a single scene, where the road is littered with gibbers, and they were getting 6 blowouts a day with those ancient "rag" tyres ..

2. I never saw a single scene where the corrugations were shaking the windows, doors and mudguards off the truck ..

3. The scenes of the blokes leaning on metal parts in the middle of the day, with bare arms .. doesn't jell with my experience of 46

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds