Skip to main content

How the hell...

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #6287 by Andy Wright
How the hell... was created by Andy Wright
...do you find time to do everything you do?! This is a pretty open question for discussion. I'm struggling to get everything done (it's not just that time of year either) - there's always something to do around the house, the magazine is seriously neglected (well, not counting tonight!) and the trucks are rapidly gathering dust in an increasingly messy shed that seems to have accumulated a fair bit of family members' crap. With work on top of it, I don't want to wait till retirement to enjoy trucks so...

Lots of you have full-time jobs and excellently turned out projects so how do you find/make the time? I've used myself as an example and perhaps I should just be patient but how do you approach the varying mistresses of work, domesticity and old trucks?

If anyone says they are enjoying retirement... >:( ;D

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by Andy Wright.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #6288 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: How the hell...
Andy,

I know how you could get yourself 20 hours a week working on your Lorries !
Find a friend with a big Cat loader and a tipper and start right near the walls of your house and work out about a hundred yards in all directions so you have nice clean ground. Plant yourself a native garden.
Worked for me.
Eat all your animals and sell your mower also. ;D

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #6289 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: How the hell...
Can't sell the mower, Baz, it's being employed as a tow tractor at the moment!

But yes, I take your point. We have inherited a rather labour intensive garden and I do prefer natives so I may have to kill some plants or be a bit less careful with the mower (assuming I can get Jodi and her Dad off the thing).

Doesn't help with the accumulation of other people's crap in the sheds though but then that'll be gone come Easter or the TK will be used as a compactor!

Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 5 months ago #6290 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: How the hell...
Andy, just work out how scared you are of your wife......

because the amount of time you have to do what you want and the size other peoples crap is proportionatly inverse to your fear factor.

My shed is chockers with stuff and truck time is very limited, fear factor of about 27 out of 10. The only concession is the crap in the shed is mine, but it may never cross the path to HER side.

(And I bought HER her own lawn mower last year....) :o [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 5 months ago #6291 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: How the hell...
Occasionally I just decide I need a 'shed day'. I had worked a heap of unpaid overtime so I asked the work boss f he would fund a day off and he agreed so I got paid for a 'shed day'.

However the 'home boss' got wind and my 'shed day' consisted of:
- Mowing Lawns
- Cutting the trees back from the drive so I wouldn't scratch the truck when it comes home
- food shopping
- booze shopping (well almost shed stuff when I get a small fridge in the shed)
- weeding the garden,
- hanging out the washing
- bringing the washing back in

and no work on any sort of machinery housed in the shed or under the 'truck port' at all! :(

I think we have a definition problem although it may have something to do with the 'home boss' being on crutches at preset ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

15 years 5 months ago #6292 by
Replied by on topic Re: How the hell...
Andy heres another way you can work done on your trucks alot 1 hour per night in the shed cleaning the junk of working on the trucks .
That leaves you all weekend to do other things.Dave ::)

More
15 years 5 months ago #6293 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: How the hell...

... find time to do everything

You are kidding! ... right?? :-/ :-[

just can't happen ... ;D

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
15 years 5 months ago #6294 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: How the hell...
Depends what is important in life. Time to work on your toys doesnt come you have to make it.
Andy, I forgot to add to you yard remodelling and low maint garden.....sell your TV also. :D
I do an hour or two each night and all of every second weekend in the shed....lifes about balance....forgotten how to turn the TV on.
Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 5 months ago #6295 by Andy Wright
Hardly watch the thing anyway, Baz, always seem to be on the computer.

I don't think fear factor comes into it, joking or not, it's more a factor of being able to say no to everyone else!

More
15 years 1 month ago #6296 by Andy Wright
Managed an arvo in the shed cleaning up and chucking crap out! Made a good dent but a long way to go. Same all day tomorrow and a few days after that. Bins will be full soon. Can't wait to get some of the shed back in the next month or so.

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds