Skip to main content

Favour please? Please ID this so I can help a mate

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8244 by huppypuppy
Hi all,

I'm helping out a mate in the US with Aussie Transport companies and have hit a brick wall!He collects old transport comapny insignia patches and he has this one: ltmdwb.multiply.com/photos/album/107#2

I cannot find anything anywhere on this company - I was wondering if you wonderful bunch could help me out! All help would be much appreciated - or if anyone out there knows of anyone who worked for this company, they could get in touch with me!

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8245 by aussie l plate
i know there is a dawson in wodonga, and also dawson removals and storage up in bathhurst, i dont know who the patch would belong too

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8246 by kennymopar2
the removal mob in bathurst is - Dawsons -

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8247 by huppypuppy

the removal mob in bathurst is - Dawsons -

KennyMopar,

Might be too - had a look at a truck parked at the Dubbo depot!

I will wait for a few more responses before making a decision!

Joe

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8248 by huppypuppy

i know there is a dawson in wodonga, and also dawson removals and storage up in bathhurst, i dont know who the patch would belong too

Aussie_I_Plate,

Might be Dawson of Wodonga - might check into that line!

Thanks,

Joe

15 years 3 weeks ago #8249 by
Hi Joe ,
The one in Wodonga is Dawsons removals & transport but your patch is DAWSON and there is one i think it might be DAWSON MOVING & STORAGE (AUST) and there in Stud rd Scoresby Vic. Dave

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8250 by huppypuppy

Hi Joe ,
The one in Wodonga is Dawsons removals & transport but your patch is DAWSON and there is one i think it might be DAWSON MOVING & STORAGE (AUST) and there in Stud rd Scoresby Vic. Dave

Deadly,

Will try that!

Ta,

Joe

15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #8251 by
Lucky Joe,
You could also look up the Australia Business Register and search for Dawsons or Dawsons Transport..

www.abr.business.gov.au

Regards
Stuart

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8252 by bparo
I think I have seen this patch before (several times about 15 - 20 years ago). It was being worn by Alan Dawson (a Puffing Billy volunteer when I saw the patch which is where I saw it) whose father had started Dawson Removals which he was then running. They had a yard you could see off Burwood Highway Upwey, they were on the left on the top of the cutting on the left as you went down the hill after the Mobil Service Station going from Upper Ferntree Gully to Tecoma/Belgrave the utes and trucks were on your left . They haven't been there for quite a while so maybe they moved to Stud Rd where deadly mentioned.

Of course someone may have given him the patch because of his surname - I wasn't interested enough to ask at the time, just presumed it was his work gear:)

I haven't seen Alan for over 10 years and don't have any contact info for him

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

15 years 3 weeks ago #8253 by
Alaln Dawson is still and they found in Ferntree Gully look them up in the white pages . Dave ;)

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds