Skip to main content

cummins 8.3 Litre

More
10 years 4 months ago #135264 by kenny-mopar
hi im looking at a acco that has been retrofitted with a cummins 250hp 8.3 litre with a 10sp O/D .. i think originally being a 1989 model the acco would of had a Perkins phaser anyway i dont know much about cummins motors but im guessing they arnt a bad thing .. it has around 600K on the motor
cheers ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #135265 by camma
Replied by camma on topic Re: cummins 8.3 Litre
That model Acco 2250D came out with the 8.3lt cummins back in 1989.

I would check for excessive blow by and I would ask for an oil sample.

If the engine goes kaput, Dong feng Cummins will be able to save you.

My dad has one in his and 3 months on so far so good.

Camma

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

More
10 years 4 months ago #135266 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: cummins 8.3 Litre
speaking to the guy over the phone he says the motor has had a recent head job :-X and the cummins dealer who done it has given him some paperwork that says the wear in the top end and the blowby etc is all within specs i think the model of the acco is a 1850D ? (its just a single axle rigid ..) also he has fitted cabin air conditioning and he has had the rear of the Cab "punched out " a little to extend the parcel shelf area behind the seats into a little sleeper

cheers ken

More
10 years 4 months ago #135267 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: cummins 8.3 Litre
They are a good little engine. Fitted to alot of garbage trucks agi's and komatsu loaders. Will go forever if looked after. Known as C series cummins. They are a navistar engine.

More
10 years 4 months ago #135268 by kenny-mopar
i like the thought of a engine that goes forever ;) i believe a owner driver in a modern truck should be able to get 1 million kms from the donk ... at the moment im looking for a replacement for my Mitsubishi Fm, which has been a good little truck .. anyone out there have any idea what sort of fuel consumption the C series cummins do ?
cheers ken

More
10 years 4 months ago #135269 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: cummins 8.3 Litre
My farther has a 230T hp in his S line cheep to run :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #135270 by kenny-mopar
economy with the price of diesel nowadaze helps .. i figure my current mitsubishi cost me around $50 for 100kms ...

More
10 years 3 months ago #135271 by wannawagon
Replied by wannawagon on topic Re: cummins 8.3 Litre
I have a 210hp 6ct8.3 in a bus awaiting conversion, definately has blowby issues, also had feedback from someone who had one in an adjitator (concrete truck) and cam bearings caused him grief.

Have another mate with one in a single drive car mover, he reckons my blowby isnt as bad as his and his has been like that for like a hundred thousand k's

More
10 years 3 months ago #135272 by kenny-mopar
anyway i bought the Acco the donk goes ok but seems best between 1800-2200rpm (the redline) she has a 10sp O/D RR ..i havnt driven a RR for a few years so shes taking some time to get used to again :-[

More
10 years 3 months ago #135273 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: cummins 8.3 Litre
Mt farthers truck sits on 100 km at 2000 rpm :)

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds