Granite

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 9 months ago #86365 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Granite

Atkipete
Gudday M8

RE: Deafening silence... I was just waiting for someone to jump on and say " That will never work in Australia "

OK
eye'll bite

probly add nuther 100, 000 to the cost of a new truck coz they aint got good faith in the beast
or otherwise they'd offer more warranty

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86366 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Granite

I think there is less to go wrong in an SCR engine, ie no catalytic convertor to burn out. Appreciate the bit about getting bogged, didnt Volvo bring out something new in their FMX model to make the I Shift more suitable off road?

I think they did Pete, I was at a function that Mack put on a couple of months ago and they did say that there was a programme for the transmission for that, but my drivers who tested the demo truck all complained that when they were trying to fold up on softer ground the truck would lurch backwards no matter how gentle they were. They all told me that I would regret it because I hang new mudflaps behind the drive of our trucks regularly to make sure that they don't fold around too far looking for drawbar marks on the flaps. This is a big joke to the drivers until I point out the marks on them. We must have a new driver with us named 'Some Oneelse' who I need to punt cause it's his name they all mention when I question them :D

The new EGR ISX's and the DD15's all have burners which concerns me a bit. We also run around 30 Isuzu's where half have DPD units on them and we have a lot of trouble with them. I can't help but think that in time the same problems will arise and the SCR's won't have those issues. Also, the SCR's run a lot cooler so I'm still guessing that they'll continue as positively as they have been, time will tell though

Some play hard to get
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Cunning Stunt.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86367 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Granite
Swishy, I just cant see how building a good truck rather than a lemon should add $100K to the price. It is just the same number of bits, assembled correctly. and with warranty problems taken seriously first time around. .
Remember a few years back all the car makers, including some very posh ones, gave a 12 month warranty. Then Hyundai came along and farted in the room selling cars with a 3 year and later 5 year warranty. They all had to follow suit, sort out their quality issues and the world did not end.
Can see the issue Bruce, but if I was stuck in Sydney traffic I would take the auto box for sure. What issues are you having with the Isuzus ?

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86368 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Granite

AtkiPete
Gudday M8

Sorry U miss understood me
eye'm mealy say n
the product wont change
jist U pay n from day one, in the original price of the beast for every time it appears back for more warranty work
A New vehicle should B able to perform for many x amount of years n U decide when n where it is off the rd n not the truck fail th@ costs U big time n money
as it could brake U

agmlemon.freeservers.com/

www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-get...a-lemon-car-or-truck

thelawaccordingtovincemegna.blogspot.com...11/10/blog-post.html

www.lemonlawbase.com/news/father-and-son...-lemon-law-case.html

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Swishy.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86369 by craigs
Replied by craigs on topic Re: Granite
Good topic, great pics :) :) re the isuzus, we had three new sweepers, all isuzus, speedos are out and cant get the calibration right on all three, build quality, doors not adusted properly, dpd units that cost an arm and a full day off the road, and must have sm1els cousin "wasn't me" working for them.
Craig

More
11 years 9 months ago #86370 by atkipete
I dont jacking up the cost of a new truck to cover warranty claims is the way to go. Build it right the first time and if there are problems sort them out ASAP. When you have to bring in new technology dont use customers as your proving ground.
That video is interesting ; $117 K for a new Freightliner prime mover (did I hear the man correctly) and the final outcome was $278k in compensation and $240K for the lawyers bill. Surely Wisconsin is the best place to buy a new truck.
It seems like an owner drivers or small business buying a new truck have far less legal rights than Joe Bloggs spending $15K on a new car.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86371 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Granite

It seems like an owner drivers or small business buying a new truck have far less legal rights than Joe Bloggs spending $15K on a new car.

Pete, under the new Australian Consumer Laws, the way they are worded, anyone who buys a truck has an enoumous amount of rights. They came in on the 1st of January, same as the new work place health and safety laws.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86372 by atkipete
Thanks Cam, just reading about it here;
www.b2blaw.com.au/insights/13-the-austra...-law-27-january-2012
Seems like trucks and trailers are now covered, maybe not a bus.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds