Skip to main content

ford cargo oil pressure

More
11 years 5 months ago #100150 by Rapid
I have a 1515 cargo oil pressure has been running at just under half mark, then today guage has been doing weird things under load it was dropping back to almost nothing then all of a sudden it was back to normal could this be a faulty sender or sludge on the pickup anyone shed some light on this please

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100151 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: ford cargo oil pressure
My vote would be to do the easy things first. Check the terminals and continuity of the sender wire.

Unless there is a catastrophic failure like a turned bearing etc erratic oil pressure indication should be somewhere in the sending/indicating system.

A blocked pick-up could do it too but more likely to be a more permanent drop in pressure.

The other guys probably have more suggestions.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100152 by old scrapman
Rapid .if check of wiring shows no faults remove sender on block and fit meckanical gage ,if oil presser ok sender dash gage or wiring faulty .peter

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 5 months ago #100153 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: ford cargo oil pressure
me thinkz the old oil guages were just a copper pipe up to the guage from the engine
they do clog up with time coz all it duz is send pressure up the line n not circulating the oil n can clag up
gentle air pressur up the line to push sum oil back out or try n get sum petrol in the line to try n thin down the ol oil may help
or
maynot
LOL
;)

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 5 months ago #100154 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: ford cargo oil pressure
If you have a mechanical gauge like Swishy says you should do the aircraft trick and fill the line with sewing machine oil before hooking it back up. Stops clogging up and gives instant reading with a cold engine and thick engine oil.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100155 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Re: ford cargo oil pressure
Hi Rapid, me would be slipin down to Super cheap, or borrowing a known good test gauge from your local w/shop, fitting it to said engine &be watchin for any mis- behavin. If two gauges do the same thing, I would be thinkin the problem is eleswhere, pick up, pump, whatever :-/ My C Line gauge mis reads by at least 15psi, so at idle it scared the sh-- out of me. Above practise with a Good brand gauge proved she idles 20+ psi when at N.O.T., 50 on the road in top gear, electric shows just over 30. Me believes the manual gauge before the elec-tricky one ;)

More
11 years 5 months ago #100156 by Rapid
Replied by Rapid on topic Re: ford cargo oil pressure
cheers fellars i will check it out over the weekend.
Rapid

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds