Skip to main content

Cargo brakes

More
11 years 4 months ago #100939 by Rapid
Cargo brakes was created by Rapid
Brakes on my cargo arent the best when loaded peddle is fairly hard, just wondering if the booster isnt doing its job,also if you smell the brakes does it mean they are fried

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100940 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Cargo brakes

Brakes on my cargo arent the best when loaded peddle is fairly hard, just wondering if the booster isnt doing its job,also if you smell the brakes does it mean they are fried

G'day Rapid.

Ford Cargo's were just D series Fords with a Different Cab...

I've spent a fair Bit of seat time in 2 different D series...

With All due respect.

Your Post describes Perfectly the Brakes on those 2 D series Trucks..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 4 months ago #100941 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Cargo brakes
The brakes should not smell in normal driving, check and see they aren't dragging.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100942 by waynestr
Replied by waynestr on topic Re: Cargo brakes
I have driven a few Cargos from new over a 4 year period (air over hydraulic),and to describe them as rubbish is a gross understatement. They were much worse than the D series. My right knee still suffers from the affects of the hard brake pedal. The ones with full air had wedge brakes, Need I say more?

More
11 years 4 months ago #100943 by ianlind
Replied by ianlind on topic Re: Cargo brakes
G'day All,

My new/1990 Cargo 2421 had good brakes up until a couple of days ago. Had a rego check a couple of days before Chrissy and no problems. A few days ago after sitting around unused, it developed and air leak in a valve block ( distribution Valve? ) near the dryer and I need to get a kit or a replacement valve unit. It has 4 piston valves in it and a couple of the seals are a bit pear shaped instead of round. I reassembled it with the lumpy sides of the seals against the body of the seat away from the ports thinking it might work, but it was only marginally better, so it's RS!
Any clues please?

Ian

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds