Skip to main content

Modern imports

More
11 years 3 months ago #105438 by JBran
Replied by JBran on topic Re: Modern imports
Just in case anyone wants to know further, the harvester is a John Deere 9070 series STS header, and the Fendt is a 970 930 series vario

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #105439 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Modern imports
Hayseed, the government doesn't encourage manufacturing here at all.
One their brilliant anti recession schemes was to give the school bus operators a bit of a hand into buying new buses, but not enough money to buy an Australian one.
The Bus manufacturing seems to be going quite well here at the moment, Denning are accross the road from us and they have plenty on.
The airlines have killed the Bus companies line express operations, Greyhound have got contracts with the mines, which is probobly why those ones have the beacons.
Greyhound (and Pioneer before them) have been importing buses for years instead of using the local product. Flxible Clippers, MCI's and Eagle's.

Mmmm........fully built coaches, I guess not many coach builders left in Australia, are competitive. :(

Or signwriters, either >:(

Pretty sad indictment of our Manufacturing industry,
When It's more viable (I Guess) to import fully built up coachs, right down to the signwriting :-/ :-/

More
11 years 3 months ago #105440 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Modern imports

Which way is the 'Skinny dog' meant to run on the front 'Seed?

chocs 8-)

Chocs,
I'd reckon the dog changed direction,
when the Coach crossed the Equater ::) ::)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 3 months ago #105441 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Modern imports
Cam,

Only the first Flxible Clipper was imported as a prototype. The remaining 131 were built by Ansair at Essendon Airport.

More
11 years 3 months ago #105442 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Modern imports
Oops, forgot about that Jim. There was also the Bova's that were Bus Australia as well origonally then ended up at Greyhound.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #105443 by mercskeepmeinajob
Whilst the Bus Australia Bovas were certainly Dutch and with their Daf drivetrain were pretty good, they were assembled in Perth I think by Howard Porter or certainly an organisation set up to do so.
Whereas some new MAN and Scanias buses have been brought here to test the market, I think the MAN is from Egypt and the Scania is Chinese.

Now the MCI's and Eagles (Gold and Silver) would have been imported though.

Perhaps they should get that dog to bark, or change the logo on the front to a kanga. I heard yesterday a group of japanese tourists early last week were on the skinny travelling south of the Blackall stump, and were shocked to see both icons of the national coat of arms bouncing off the front.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by mercskeepmeinajob.

More
11 years 3 months ago #105444 by MasseyHarris55
Replied by MasseyHarris55 on topic Re: Modern imports
Our charter work is very quiet at the moment 98% of our fleet is on mines on dry hire we however are guilty of buying busses from overseas mostly china as you can buy 2 BCI busses for the price of a denning volgren etc etc they also seem to be relatively bulletproof to the majoraty of problems appear to be stemming from dust getting in to bearings and the like.We still retain a fleet of denning s but obtaining parts is our biggest problem and sadly our three tour masters went to the scrappies they we just rotten the salt out at kalgoolie ate them .

Fixing things one big shifter at a time

More
10 years 9 months ago #105445 by Wisey
Replied by Wisey on topic Re: Modern imports

Just in case anyone wants to know further, the harvester is a John Deere 9070 series STS header, and the Fendt is a 970 930 series vario

Looks like a new S680 Ad blue John Deere Header too me.... 70 series is old news

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds