Skip to main content

Modern Hino

More
11 years 2 months ago #106541 by Roderick Smith
Modern Hino was created by Roderick Smith
This is a crop from a contributor.
I don't know the model, but there must be lots around.
This one may be a Yarra Trams work vehicle (the orange lights on the roof are a clue).

121007Su Glenferrie Rd Malvern Vic. Hino. Jeff Bounds.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #106542 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Modern Hino
Roderick, I feel that it's a tilt tray tow truck. If you look at the numberplate it says TOW. The tilt tray's mostly have Orange Safety lights across the top like that one has. cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
10 years 10 months ago #106543 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: Modern Hino
Looks like an FD model hino. I hate hinos big time, nothing good about them >:(

More
10 years 10 months ago #106544 by old scrapman
Replied by old scrapman on topic Re: Modern Hino
Stevo
Like to know why,back from about 1988 the company purchesed one built in 1984 of the orignal buyer ,legal with 5-2 tonnson back with8-25 _16 wheels .
Working empty or over loaded was hard life on scrap,rims craked ,replaced 3 per year on average, starter motors $1450 each lastered 3 years, 300,000 k when bought engine rebtuilt at 940,000k,one clutdh kit at 800,000k aprox ,eh700 motor no tubo,21-5 ft tray.
onely truck ive driven with 7-5 tonns at 145 k per hour on flat still gaining i chikend out ,at 1,000000k hadent tuched gear box or diff,recon wee had a good run ,i parted with company in 2004 truck is still there working.
Peter

More
10 years 10 months ago #106545 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: Modern Hino

Stevo
Like to know why,back from about 1988 the company purchesed one built in 1984 of the orignal buyer ,legal with 5-2 tonnson back with8-25 _16 wheels .
Working empty or over loaded was hard life on scrap,rims craked ,replaced 3 per year on average, starter motors $1450 each lastered 3 years, 300,000 k when bought engine rebtuilt at 940,000k,one clutdh kit at 800,000k aprox ,eh700 motor no tubo,21-5 ft tray.
onely truck ive driven with 7-5 tonns at 145 k per hour on flat still gaining i chikend out ,at 1,000000k hadent tuched gear box or diff,recon wee had a good run ,i parted with company in 2004 truck is still there working.
Peter

The main reasons i dislike hino: the interior design is terrible, engines are underpowered and most of all: hino's do not come with a hydraulic cabin tilt.. You have to lift the cabin of the truck by hand, which is dangerous. The hino you mentioned must of been one of the few lucky ones, all the hino's i've worked on were total pieces of rubbish

More
10 years 10 months ago #106546 by old scrapman
Replied by old scrapman on topic Re: Modern Hino
Stevo
Have to agree about lifting cab three man job four with ushel junk on floor .
After the engine rebuild it always was blowing clouds of blue fuel smoke and ran a compression guage over it ,reading equal to total worn out motor on all cylinders, told the boss i reckoned it they put in was for a turbo model, was told i was wrong and silly pulled it down 2 years later and fixed it still haven't worked out how broken shims from injector pump elements ended up in 4 injectors blocking them while spill timing ,finally getting some one who knew what they were doing and sorted it out.
Peter

More
10 years 7 months ago #106547 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Modern Hino
Hino Ranger Pro FD - not sure whether it is the ACE model (ACE was the version with the Hendrickson airbag suspension on the rear axle).... I dare say it's a FD ACE 260

More
10 years 7 months ago #106548 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Modern Hino
have had a bit to do with jap trucks ..the hinos after about 1982 were good units ..the Isuzus from the mid 70s were good .. they just lacked a bit in interior comfort but compared to some other brands they wernt too bad
ive had two UDs with the 7.4 litre motor they were also reliable .. nowsadaze im peddling a old mitsi FM

More
10 years 7 months ago #106549 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Modern Hino
Congratulations Ken , reaching the thousand posts mark .

More
10 years 7 months ago #106550 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Modern Hino
Thankyou Ian :)

Time to create page: 1.048 seconds