Skip to main content

Crap pic, nice truck ?

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #112672 by
Crap pic, nice truck ? was created by
Hi, just been out for a wander, and heard 4 of these rumbling through the traffic.

Got me phone out and snapped one. I live near an Army base and these are regularly running around here.
Well, we can't buy British any more !

Cheers
RS :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #112673 by knighty
Replied by knighty on topic Re: Crap pic, nice truck ?
gidday rowland, it's a mean machine, looks like it would even drive under water, what breed tis it?.....jk

Lotsa Big Toys

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #112674 by
Replied by on topic Re: Crap pic, nice truck ?
G'day knightly

It's one of 4500 MAN the British army are buying.

Cheers

More
11 years 1 month ago #112675 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Crap pic, nice truck ?
G'day Roland, mighty tough looking jigger that one. It's strange isn't it, we are now purchasing military vehicles/equipment from former enemies of years gone by. We are running Toyota's in the Australian Army, we've had Leopard tanks from Germany & I'm sure there are other examples that we're not aware of. The old Diggers would be turning in their graves I reckon. Bit like the automotive industry in general, all buggered up. cya Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

• Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #112676 by
Replied by on topic Re: Crap pic, nice truck ?
Hi Tim.
Yes it's fine looking beast.
MAN HX & SX models are being delivered regularly and run into a local depot before being dispatched all over the world. The order is about 4500 units in total , being a mix of 2,3 and 4 axle versions.
It is the back of my mind that if we had not destroyed their manufacturing plants, then they would not have the modern structures they have in Germany. It is even stranger when you consider that some 9 miles from me is an old factory which has been covered in new steel cladding. It used to be Morris Motors, then British Leyland and now its BMW ! It's a funny old world ;)

Cheers

More
11 years 1 month ago #112677 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: Crap pic, nice truck ?
Hi Tim Australian Army just replaced their Landrovers with Merc G wagons. All the rovers are up for auction over the next year or so should be some bargins towards the end when the market is well and truely flooded. The izuzu powered army spec L/rovers are a good thing. Went a bit of track there ::) ::). regards Peter

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds