Skip to main content

Oliver 80 Tractor

More
10 years 4 months ago #133450 by yassar
Oliver 80 Tractor was created by yassar
I was hoping someone out there may be able to help me with an Oliver 80 Standard 1938 KD. They came optional with an electric starter but I keep hitting walls trying to source one. Has anyone got access to one that could get any identification data off one for a cross reference. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #133451 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Country town auto sparky might be able to fix yours. What's it doing (or not doing?)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 4 months ago #133452 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Bugly , electric start was an option . i think he wants to know what brand /type of starter was fitted .

More
10 years 4 months ago #133453 by yassar
Replied by yassar on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Thanks Guys,

The starter is missing from this tractor. I have found a place in the states that supplies ones for nearly every other model bar this one, but need some details from one. i can still use the crank handle but the shoulders aren't getting any younger.

Chris

More
10 years 4 months ago #133454 by Murray
Replied by Murray on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Yassar, jnelectric.com/startpage.asp try this company, if they haven't got one then they will be really rare.
I bought a new one for my 1923 GMC Northway engine from them, excellent service and price. Murray

More
10 years 4 months ago #133455 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Asked on a Cletrac site , got this reply .
"try a 700 Delco , six volt ... or a,1107824 in a twelve volt ,they will be most likely from my list not 100% but its a start"
Just Remember i guess ,to check to see if there is a ring gear on the flywheel .

More
10 years 4 months ago #133456 by indianman
Replied by indianman on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
G'day Yassar get onto tractor by net it is a US site related to alot of smaller newer tractors but they have a vintage section and are pretty good at giving answers to the curly questions, there is another site that alot of them recommend and it is called yesterdays tractors can't tell you about it though as I have never had a gander at it.

Jon

More
10 years 4 months ago #133457 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
so I will assume it has a hole in bell housing for starter motor ? If it dosnt have a ring gear could you just machine flywheel to the nearest common size and use that starter motor to suit ?
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 4 months ago #133458 by yassar
Replied by yassar on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Thanks everyone for the responses. I actually asked the same question on the American Oliver forum and after 300 viewings not 1 response.
The tractor does have a ring gear and provision for a starter. The funny thing is doing a search on the net and selecting images, most of the tractors shown have the starter fitted which was unusual for 1938.
I'll start following up some of the leads provided.

Chris.

More
10 years 4 months ago #133459 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Just a theory...
Take a tracing of the hole, including mounting holes. another trace of the teeth..
Jump on the phone to someone like Ashdown Ingram,
The right person may take a little time but it would be very possible they would come up with something for you.
There is an online catalogue you can wade through and perhaps come up with something comparable :-/

chocs 8-)

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds