Skip to main content

Oliver 80 Tractor

More
10 years 4 months ago #133460 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor

Thanks everyone for the responses. I actually asked the same question on the American Oliver forum and after 300 viewings not 1 response.
The tractor does have a ring gear and provision for a starter. The funny thing is doing a search on the net and selecting images, most of the tractors shown have the starter fitted which was unusual for 1938.
I'll start following up some of the leads provided.

Chris.

Hi Chris , The forum I would have asked on is currently off line , But they do have a Face book page.It is for Cletrac/oliver crawlers ,but i reckoned that crawler owners would have wheel tractors too .
Had the answer back within 1/2 an hour .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #133461 by yassar
Replied by yassar on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
Just some feedback on where I am up to. Contacted Ag Parts in the states and had no luck.
Murray I got a response back from J& N Electrics in Cincinnati and they told me that no one seems to be reproducing them anymore.
Indianman I did sign up for Tractorbynet and got responses already so there is still hope.

Chris

More
10 years 4 months ago #133462 by MasseyHarris55
Auto lite starters should fit I have a spare one in the shed off a massey harris if you want to pay the postage you can have it I know it works it is a pull in type I think I allso have a throw out type in the shed. Let me know if this is any help to you

Fixing things one big shifter at a time

More
10 years 4 months ago #133463 by yassar
Replied by yassar on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
MasseyHarris55,

Thanks for that offer, if you want to text me your phone number I'll give you a call at a respectable hour.
mine is 0403652293.

More
10 years 3 months ago #133464 by Kane
Replied by Kane on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
I sourced one through this guy, didn't buy it, cause it starts to easy with the crank handle I think it was about $80 us
www.facebook.com/biewer.tractorsalvage?fref=ts

More
10 years 3 months ago #133465 by Kane
Replied by Kane on topic Re: Oliver 80 Tractor
but postage is a bloody killer nearly $170

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds