Skip to main content

I need more sheds

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #217010 by Bluey60
I need more sheds was created by Bluey60
Found a fordson county when I tracked down the owner he told me he had another one I thought that’s handy one to get going and one for parts
Went and looked at the second one and it’s a super 6 the first one is a super 4 oh well that means two to get going
The super 6 is home hadn’t gone for at least 15 years parked up the scrub cracked four injectors towed it about and got oil pressure nipped up the injectors towed ten feet and had smoke
Bluey
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by IHScout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, asw120, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217011 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic I need more sheds
Bluey, you have just made a few blokes here very jealous. Great find.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217014 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic I need more sheds
Don't laugh about sheds.

Just purchased 6 acres with a nice house and a 12x18 shed.

First comment from Helen, "that's mine, You can build your own shed"

But there is a rider, my shed can't be bigger than her's or I'll buy too many toys!

Helen trains her Border Collies in obedience trials and bagged the shed for that purpose. Of course now it needs insulating and air-conditioning so it can be used year round without stress. My shed? suffer you old bastard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 4 months ago #217015 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic I need more sheds
Cobba no need to be jealous think of how many wheels that need new rubber and hydraulic hoses that look a bit sus

Zuffen I would have said of course you can have the shed it’s not even half big enough for the toys I have and the toys I want

Bluey

More
3 years 4 months ago #217019 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic I need more sheds

Zuffen wrote: Don't laugh about sheds.

Just purchased 6 acres with a nice house and a 12x18 shed.

First comment from Helen, "that's mine, You can build your own shed"

But there is a rider, my shed can't be bigger than her's or I'll buy too many toys!

Helen trains her Border Collies in obedience trials and bagged the shed for that purpose. Of course now it needs insulating and air-conditioning so it can be used year round without stress. My shed? suffer you old bastard.

tell her insulation is worth 3o feet of extra width and air conditioning an extra 40 feet of depth!
then to make it more cost effective you go up to the next standard size!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
3 years 4 months ago #217023 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic I need more sheds
A set of tyres and afew hydraulic lines are nothing compared to what it is. They certainly are a very desirable tractor, both the 4 and the 6.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217026 by Bluey60
I’m not complaining in the restoration/rebuilding game tyres hoses ect are the least of your problems if you can score something that’s all there
The six has a dodgy bonnet and no grill panels but that’s all that is missing
The four is pretty well all there but all the tin work is fairly cancerous not to concerned so long as the transfer cases and bevel drives on the front are ok most of the rest is basically fordson and there is still a fair few of them around to scrounge parts off

Bluey

More
3 years 4 months ago #217027 by allan
Replied by allan on topic I need more sheds
Saw my first County in '75 at a place my cousin was managing near Mia Mia; until then I'd only ever steered a Dexta diesel on my infrequent trips to Noorat. Wow - 4x4 with big equal sized tyres. Wow.
And round bales. Round bales? What? Need something big like a County to carry 'em about, but just push 'em downhill to feed out. Wow. Luxury.
No need to leave tractor unpiloted whilst jump on trailer and hand feed out little squares.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217058 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic I need more sheds

Bluey60 wrote: F
The super 6 is home hadn’t gone for at least 15 years parked up the scrub cracked four injectors towed it about and got oil pressure nipped up the injectors towed ten feet and had smoke
Bluey

Nice Find/Score Bluey, Those Old Fordson's are damn near Bullet proof..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 4 months ago #217066 by Bluey60
Hayseed your right about them being bulletproof I always recon you walk past a fordson and kick the front wheel and they start but I wasn’t game with this one in case my foot went through the tyre

Bluey

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds