Skip to main content

Tractors in sale line up

More
1 year 1 month ago #244534 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Tractors in sale line up
That's a bit weird on the HSCS. Seems like like good news on the Tangye, though.
I hope the whole thing met your expectations.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244538 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Tractors in sale line up
Hello Jarrod,
Bit disappointed a scrappy buying six of the lower priced ones, said he collects tractors and keeps the better.
We had had all bar two of those in the sale running. As for the dear ones I had $10,000 on each as an estimate for the auctioneer. They were all sound tractors.
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #244555 by wouldyou
Twin 6 gallon glass bowl fuel bowser without the hoses, square late model $9,500.
35 HP National single cylinder diesel engine $1,950
This engine ended it’s working life at the Miling WA power house, when the accumulated oil was washed off Lady Shenton GM Fremantle could be seen as a delivery address.
The Lady Shenton gold mine was at Menzies WA, the the engine has number 2 riveted to its air inlet box so there a likely chance that is where it was first installed.
David.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by wouldyou.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, PaulFH, Tacho, wee-allis

More
1 year 1 week ago #245254 by wouldyou
The dealer that bought six of the tractors put them in an on line auction that ended today, they had been well cleaned, the crawlers fitted with new seats. Prices above my sale price were: D2 Caterpillar with Cat blade $550, RD4 $2,200, Allis M $1,600, Cat 22 $900, McCormick Deering W40 $2,900, MCD 15/30 $1,600. That comes to $9,750, with commission on $25,100, 300 k’s cartage, cleaning, seats and two days time for two blokes at our end to deduct.
As I am in Perth called in to have a last look at them, bit sad, that D2 was a good little tractor.
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, Tacho, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
11 months 3 days ago #245963 by wouldyou
The 15/30 McCormick reappeared on the same firm’s on line auction ending today, it sold unreserved for $3100 last time and brought the same figure again. Wonder if has earned three lots of commission?
This doesn’t fit with Morris’s Sometimes sayings but brings to mind this:
Following the war cars were in short supply and a dealer had a nice “38 Ford sedan, a competitor thought it was a pretty good buy and reckoning he could make money on it bought it. This got dealer one a bit worried about the possible bargain he had let slip so approached the other bloke and for 50 pounds more got the car back. Dealer two then began stewing about this and for another 50 pounds had the car again.
Still worried about letting the car go again dealer one asked about buying it back only to be told it had been sold to someone else.
Dealer one said “Why did you do that when we were making a good living out of it?”
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, xspanrman

More
11 months 3 days ago #245967 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Tractors in sale line up

The 15/30 McCormick reappeared on the same firm’s on line auction ending today, it sold unreserved for $3100 last time and brought the same figure again. Wonder if has earned three lots of commission?

David.

The cynic in Me suggests, that; the Auctioneer may have bought It Last Time...:blink:

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wouldyou, PaulFH, asw120

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249602 by wouldyou
Second last item to be picked up.
David.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, Tacho, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds