Skip to main content

My BTD 8

More
13 years 1 month ago #48410 by ute253
My BTD 8 was created by ute253
G'day fellow crawler fans, this is a link to You tube showing some video.

The BTD8 is an 82 series fitted with a genuine IH blade and Standen twin rippers. The tilt cylinder is a bit of a homemade addition.
I've had it for quite a while bit it never really got used. We had some bush to clear on the farm but it never happened, the partnership broke up but I didn't want it to be sold in the clearing sale so I walked it over to the neighbours place, put it up on blocks and there it stayed for the next 8 or so years.

Its a good little unit but was unloved by the previous owner/s as the left side track gear can give evidence to.
The track rollers on the left side had seized at some time but instead of doing something about it it was just left as is until the rollers were flat as a pancake, all the way up to the centre shaft. Pins in the left side track had worn through the outer bushing into the centre pin and the overcentre master clutch would lock in.

could rattle on about for ages but have a look anyway. and if anyone is interested I can certainly talk more about it and what I've done to it and the repairs carried out. cheers to all, David

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48411 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: My BTD 8
its good to see the old girl running after 8 years ..ive a TD15a up on blocks at the moment needs a steering clutch ..

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #48412 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: My BTD 8
ute, noice thing ya got, I rattled on about a BTD6 I had my eye on well I used my other eye today and found it is a BTD8 Drott... was running some steering problem and now after further neglect, water in the sump, probably rain through the exhaust.... as a BTD 6 I was told it had the British version of the 554 motor (longer stoke than the Aussie) is this the same donk in the BTD8 looks like a 554 with a few trimming differences...
I think the one I am looking at is quite a bit different to yours but it could be that eye problem again...

Yeah, I know... photos

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds