Skip to main content

Vintage McCormick International Titans FOR SALE

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49051 by Dingodan
G'day all,
Ive been helping a bloke clear his property out and he mentioned that he has TWO Vintage McCormick Internationals for sale for an extra-ordinarily cheap price...$600 each OR $800 THE PAIR... I kid you NOT! ...... Here is a photo of one of them and Ricks contact details are included there toowoomba.gumtree.com.au/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=272706061 ..... They are complete and apart from mild surface rust are rust free, We estimate that they are about 1917 Titans but you can corect us on that. I said I would help him sell them but Tractors arent in my neck of the woods so Im hoping some one can recognise an opportunity when they see it.....Just mention Dingo Dan when you talk to him.
The pair are just out of Miles in mid western Queensland.
Thanks for your time

DD
8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49052 by wouldyou
Hello. Think this is either a 15/30 which came out in 1921 or 10/20 released 1923. the number of spokes in the rear wheels indicate an early model, the heavy centres on the front would be a later fix. Cheers David.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49053 by Dingodan
Thanks for that David, what do you reckon they are worth?
Hooroo
DD

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49054 by wouldyou
Hello DD, They were a popular tractor in their time, and fairly common, I reckon at the price asked they will find buyers. Cheers, David.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49055 by melonreo
can sombody put the pic up please -caus my computer wont do it +contact details would be great

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49056 by Sarge
melon, Hook up your best outfit and go gettem.... NOW

I would if not for SWMBO etc.... :-/

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49057 by Dingodan
Rick's phone numbers for those having difficulty are 0400470763 or 54958762 There are also some old holdens and what Id suspect is an Athol Hedges Austin or Morris Bus
Thanks for the help
DD

More
13 years 1 week ago #49058 by Dingodan
G'day, these bits of gear are still for sale, apparently an offer was accepted but the buyer didnt follow through?
I got a quote to get the pair to the transport depot at Dalby for $300 if that helps and Im heading out there on Wednesday to collect my bargains so if any one needs more photos or specific details text or call me (I may be in and out of reception so text is better) on 0439457886 before then and Ill try my best to help.
Hooroo
DD 8-)

More
13 years 1 week ago #49059 by melonreo
this seems a bit strange as a mate of mine purchased them on friday ,put the money in their account ,,,the seller said the price my mate said -ok,so he arranged to put the doe in their account , then they rang back wanting more money >:(,, i think this is oddd , i mean they set the price in the first place...........so my mate said ok and put some more money in their account , then they ring up and say they want more :o :-/ :-/ :-/... so we better get some facts on the table...........

13 years 1 week ago #49060 by
Melonreo - if someone pulled that stunt on me, they'd be getting a sharp lawyers letter within 5 seconds flat, initiating a lawsuit for breach of contract.
Some people think they can just play buyers for suckers .. but a verbal agreement is a contract, and can be enforced in a court of law.
You don't necessarily need to have a written contract. A written contract is much stronger, but a verbal agreement backed up by some proof, such as phone and bank records, can be enforced.

Once again, this episode proves that it pays, when buying an item, to get there in person .. or get another person as your agent, to get there in person .. get a receipt, and make sure some money changes hands on the spot, even if it's only $50 or $100 deposit.

Once folding stuff changes hands, and receipt is written out, as the deal is concluded .. you have 100% proof of a concrete deal, that very few people will try to back out of, or try to turn into a Dutch auction.

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds