Skip to main content

Rear tyres for Normag

More
12 years 11 months ago #51950 by Stoneng
I have been looking around for used rear tyres for my Normag. They are 14.9-26. I didnt think it would take so long. I've been told they are the same size as the Massey 585 combine havester. Some one mentioned Fordson as well, but I dont know what model?
I'm not keen on buying new Chinese tyres for the old girl. I just want to put some space between the rim and the ground so I can move it around.
Anyone know of what other tractors I should look out for in the paddock/clearing sales that have the same size tyre. Murray region NSW.
[smiley=beer.gif]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #51951 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Rear tyres for Normag
G'Day Stoneng
Yes im looking for tyres for my normag styled model it has 12 9 36 its high clearance for sugar cane it is very ugly looking thing, Those 26s are hard to get hope you find some cheers john :) :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #51952 by aussie l plate
When we had the farm, we had two 585 headers, both with different sized tires, i may still have some rims and tires to suit, what size you chasing???

More
12 years 11 months ago #51953 by Stoneng
Replied by Stoneng on topic Re: Rear tyres for Normag
14.9 26. I need two. Were the 585's you had self propelled?
[smiley=beer.gif]

More
12 years 11 months ago #51954 by aussie l plate
yeah, the 585 were SP headers, one had a Perkins on it, the other had a Chrysler Continental engine on it

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #51955 by
Replied by on topic Re: Rear tyres for Normag
Aussie l plate - No such thing as a Chrysler Continental. Chrysler and Continental are two totally different companies.
Chrysler made their flathead 6, and Continental made their flathead 6, and they are completely different engines.

The engines look somewhat similar, but they're as different as Ford and Holden engines. The MF headers used a Chrysler Industrial 6 flathead engine.

Chrysler built millions of their 6 cyl flatheads, and Continental built even more of their flatheads .. with a wider range of engine sizes, and in both 4 cyl & 6 cyl.
The Chrysler flatheads went in every 6 cyl Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/De Soto/Fargo car and truck from 1934 to the mid-1960's.
The Chrysler Industrial 6 was sold to manufacturers of tractors, headers, forklifts, welders, agitators, airport tugs, pumps .. and probably 10 other different applications.

Continental built engines for dozens and dozens of other car, truck, and tractor manufacturers, and also put their engines in forklifts and Lincoln welders.
Caterpillar used Continental engines in their petrol powered loaders, such as the 922, and the Cat/Towmotor forklifts. We didn't get any petrol Cat loaders here, they were only sold in the U.S.
Hyster and Clark often used Continental flatheads in their forklifts .. Yale used Chrysler Industrial 6's in theirs.

You can always spot the difference between a Chrysler flathead 6, and a Continental flathead 6, from 10 metres away .. the Chrysler distributor comes out of the side of the block on the left at about 45

More
12 years 11 months ago #51956 by Stoneng
Replied by Stoneng on topic Re: Rear tyres for Normag

yeah, the 585 were SP headers, one had a Perkins on it, the other had a Chrysler Continental engine on it

So Aussie, we got sidetracked there a bit, but have you had a chance to check for the tyre size?
[smiley=beer.gif]

More
12 years 10 months ago #51957 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: Rear tyres for Normag
Hardly anyone makes 26" tyres now early fordson e27n,s have them,its easier to find 28" rims, a lot of tractors had various size rims,that may be an option :-/

&&Grasp

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds