Skip to main content

Radiator Hoses

More
12 years 9 months ago #60568 by HeyCharger
Radiator Hoses was created by HeyCharger
Hi Guys. After replacing my water pump, I now find that the top radiator hose on my Super 90 is leaking.
The parts book states 32224 (upper) and 32225 (lower).
Looks like Bare-Co have nothing.
I read somewhere that silicone hoses can be shaped easier than rubber ones. Any thoughts or leads?. Oh, these are 2".
Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60569 by
Replied by on topic Re: Radiator Hoses
Rod, if you're thinking silicone, you might change your ideas when you find what they charge for silicone hose.

I recently bought a small piece of 57mm diameter silicone hose, 150mm long, for a coupling between an air intake and aircleaner on a forklift, because the original special hose is NLA.
The 150mm length cost me over $36! The 57mm diameter silicone hose is $245 a metre!! :'( :'( :'(

If you go to a good auto parts supplier, they will have a catalogue of straight, corrugated, spring reinforced hoses, that can be twisted into fancy shapes without kinking.
I had to do this with the bottom radiator hose on the fork, because the original radiator hose was also NLA.

The new corrugated hose cost about $35, it's about 40mm diameter and about 450mm long. The old hose had a couple of fancy bends in it .. the new hose fits around the obstructions with no problems.

Cheers - Ron.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds