Skip to main content

Fordson E27N 3 point linkage

More
12 years 4 months ago #70646 by chrisandliso
Hi, I have a 1949 E27n which I am in the process of restoring.
With the linkage on the back I have replaced the oil and it is now going up and down with the lever, it wasn't working at all when I got the tractor as it was low on oil and had water in it as well.
I am unable to stop the linkage and hold the height anywhere between fully 'up' and fully 'down'.
If I do move the lever back to the neutral position the arms creep back down.
Also the lever does not flick back to the neutral position of it's own accord upon reaching the fully 'up' position.
Any help you can offer with regards to adjustment for the linkage would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #70647 by Slimline871
Gday Chris,
The linkage set up on your tractor sounds like its actually doing what it should. It doesn't have draught control (the plough or implement needs a depth wheel to hold its position) so in other words its only designed to go up or down. The lever wont flick back to neutral once all the way up, as its designed to hold the arms in the up position and support the weight of the implement.
Hope this has helped mate and all the best with the resto!
Cheers,
Slim ;)

&&1924 Hart-Parr Type 20&&1966 Chamberlain super 90&&1959 Twin City G-vi&amp

More
12 years 4 months ago #70648 by paulc20
Hi
I have an E27N, it will hold the linkage at intermediate positions, also when full lift is achieved the lever will return to the neutral position. It will hold a 6ft slasher off the ground for hours.

At one stage it had the same symptoms as yours, I think that I unscrewed a relief valve type assembly from the the left hand side of the 3 point linkage hoist and and cleaned/or replaced to fix, but it was a while ago, so not sure.
I will try and find a copy of the manual for the tractor,
Paul

More
12 years 4 months ago #70649 by Slimline871
Gday Paul,
Hopefully i'm wrong as my old man's P6 E27N's linkage is doing exactly the same as Chris's so i asked a fordson guru sometime back about it and thats what he told me. Maybe that valve your talking about could be the problem with mine to then? Wouldn't mind having a squiz at that manual aswell thanks mate,
Learn something everyday lol,
Cheers,
Slim ;)

&&1924 Hart-Parr Type 20&&1966 Chamberlain super 90&&1959 Twin City G-vi&amp

More
12 years 4 months ago #70650 by paulc20
Here is an extract from the manual relating to the single lever system.

You can download the manual from www.fordsontractorpages.nl/manuals/new_m..._operators_guide.htm or PM me and I can send it to you.

From memory you can remove the relief valve assembly from the left side without removing the cover, I think it screws out through the cover, but it was years ago when I did it.

Paul

More
12 years 4 months ago #70651 by cribotow
hi chris my e27 does the same thing have been told thats normal and they used to fit power major set up to them, keep us informed of how it goes.....

&&Grasp

More
12 years 3 months ago #70652 by chrisandliso
Hi guys, well finally got all the parts and put the HPL back together. What a difference!! The arms lift up and stay up. There have been in the fully 'up' position now for 2 days and haven't even dropped a millimetre.
The position select lever now snaps back into the neutral position upon reaching fully raised.
It seems a little slow to return down now but I think this can be adjusted further. Probably will drop a little more rapidly with an implement attached.
Over all great results and thanks everyone for your help..
Chris

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds