Skip to main content

leyland P76

More
11 years 10 months ago #88431 by elgindale
Replied by elgindale on topic Re: leyland P76
I have seen the P76 V8 fitted into a peugeot 504 a big improvment in power and fits ok .I do have a picture somewhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #88432 by trev aus
Replied by trev aus on topic Re: leyland P76
An old mate had one in a late 70's celica :) went and sounded great..

Trev

More
11 years 10 months ago #88433 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: leyland P76
over the years ive seen P-Nut motors in the following
range rovers/land rovers .. a nissan 260z, truimph stags,actually took one for a spin years ago in a HT Holden..the list is endless from memory the motors weigh about the same as a old datto 4cyl somewhere around the 125kg mark

More
11 years 10 months ago #88434 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Wanted a PIG as I heard they called (mainly due to the look of the P76 script, not performance) but never got one at the right time/price. Fitting a 44 gal drum in the boot was a plus. My Uni lecturer said he was involved evaluating the prototype of the P76 Station Wagon but whilst mechanically it was fine, style wise it looked like School sheet metal students had made it he said.

I thought of putting the alloy 4.4 V8 in the Triumph Dolomite, but in the end just left it original and I drive it everyday.

I do have an Austin Kimberley (again not favoured with he wider population) with 2.2 East West 6cyl in the front and powering a DG Borg Warner Auto. This is basically the same E series motor as the P76 6cyl, so if anyone has 6cyl head, or starter, or good 6cyl engine lying around near Picton in Sth West Sydney, in Richmond NSW, that is going cheap I can use the spares.

Kind Regards

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #88435 by kenny-mopar
the series one kimberley had the twin SU carbs ..yep the kimberley (2.25 litre)and the P76 + marina (2.6) are all interchangable

ps i like the kimberley/tasman cars
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by kenny-mopar.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #88436 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: leyland P76

the prototype of the P76 Station Wagon but whilst mechanically it was fine, style wise it looked like School sheet metal students had made it he said.

I do have an Austin Kimberley (again not favoured with he wider population) with 2.2 East West 6cyl in the front and powering a DG Borg Warner Auto. This is basically the same E series motor as the P76 6cyl, so if anyone has 6cyl head, or starter, or good 6cyl engine lying around near Picton in Sth West Sydney, in Richmond NSW, that is going cheap I can use the spares.

I might still have a starter here somewhere ...

I have seen one of the wagons. was on a trailer pulled in to the local servo. Had a chat with the bloke. He'd just bought it and was gunna do a full resto job on it.
Had his number an'all, but gone and lost it :-[

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Eddy.

More
11 years 10 months ago #88437 by Eddy

so if anyone has 6cyl head, or starter, or good 6cyl engine lying around near Picton in Sth West Sydney, in Richmond NSW, that is going cheap I can use the spares.

Gotta starter here, but a bit further away than specified ...

More
11 years 9 months ago #88438 by kenny-mopar
heres a couple of "P-nuts" the one on the left is a targa florio ... the other is a 1973 "super" V8 auto

More
11 years 9 months ago #88439 by Eddy
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
11 years 9 months ago #88440 by kenny-mopar
yep it puts a :D on my dial everytime i drive it ... maybe a P76 means "power of seven 6 cyls? ... oh well nothing wrong with dreaming ;)

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds