Skip to main content

Wet sleeves for CASE Model C, D or DEX

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #92013 by chrisandliso
Hi, anybody out there no of a supplier of wet sleeves for a CASE Model C, D or Dex Tractor?
In the process of rebuilding the engine.
Preferably in Australia.
Thanks,
Chris
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by chrisandliso.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #92014 by Tacho
G'day Chris,
I have got re-build and other parts through Clancey's and Prestons in the past. They get them from USA suppliers and can bring them in as part of a larger order, which makes the shipping cheaper. The downside is you will have to wait a while.
I also get quite a bit of stuff off eBay USA, but the shipping can be expensive sometimes, especially if they use US postal priority. Some sellers load up the shipping cost to make an extra dollar as well.
I recently bought a water pump for a 1947 Case VA off eBay USA and the shipping for that was $55, which was OK as the total landed cost is $158. Saeli are a good source for Case parts and I have dealt direct with them, but not cheaper than their eBay prices.
Hope this is of some help. Geoff
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Tacho.

More
11 years 8 months ago #92015 by Tacho
Chris, I just had a look at eBay USA and Rusty Acre Tractor Parts (eBay name mr-hainy) have a set of 4 liners and O rings for US$560. It says ship to USA only, but he does send to Oz if you ask. Others would have them as they tend to rotate their stock on eBay and are not showing at present.
I have a Case DEX with something wrong in the timing gears as the valves do not go up and down. I am thinking it would be easier to sell it for parts and buy a goer instead. I don't know how good the sleeves are, but getting some from a parts tractor is another option.
Probably better to go with new and you know what you've got. Geoff

More
11 years 8 months ago #92016 by chrisandliso
Thanks very much for your help Tacho...

More
11 years 8 months ago #92017 by cam081
i have a dex case wreck i'll sell or would rather swap if your intersted. i'm not intersted in wrecking it and selling the parts i just want to sell the lot. just give me a call intersted on 0438665811. cam

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds