Skip to main content

fuel consumption

More
10 years 3 months ago #136185 by Kane
fuel consumption was created by Kane
what is the fuel consumption on an ABD 240, ABD 282 supposed to be, they are in an AA110 and AA182 just as a benchmark. thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #136186 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: fuel consumption
That's kinda hard to say. Depends on load and speed.
Let's just say "thirsty".
Even on a gentle run in the 110, I wouldn't expect much more than 15mpg empty.

My 120 has a 6-281 in it with 4.10 diff. One cold misty morning on a highway run with an empty car trailer (kept under 50mph) I filled up to find 18mpg - I nearly fell over.......still wonder if I made a mistake, even though conditions were ideal.
I would bargain on 12 to 15mpg.

I had a D1110 with a 6-281 and 3.54 (highway) diff. I never checked the mileage, but there were notes from old trips the previous owner had done. 13mpg general running and a big trip up to Gladstone (from Bris.) towing a 23' boat - 8.5mpg!!!

Now the big truck, someone else will have to answer that.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #136187 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: fuel consumption
My Ar162 with the ASD240 gets around 8mpg around town and 11 mpg highway. The best I have seen is around 12mpg.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bparo.

More
10 years 3 months ago #136188 by Kane
Replied by Kane on topic Re: fuel consumption
ok cool thanks guys, maybe it was a mistake asking about it now, i knew they were thirsty but not that bad, oh well when the fuel was cheaper it wasnt as bad

More
10 years 3 months ago #136189 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: fuel consumption
Unless you're going to drive big distances regularly, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't!

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 3 months ago #136190 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: fuel consumption
Kane mate you are right fuel was cheaper smokes were cheaper grog was cheaper and girls but wages were crap as well I dont think things have changed to much I just think Im getting older it seems to get out of control at first and then I sit down and think about it and go you silly old fart :D :D :D seeya
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 3 months ago #136191 by Kane
Replied by Kane on topic Re: fuel consumption
well where im currently situated, petrol is about 38c per litre and diesel is about 42c per litre. but being land locked is kinda why the fuel is cheap, plus bhp subsidises a large bit of the import costs, ye i wont worry for around town and short trips but yes over a longer haul its gonna get expensive. thanks guys

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds