Skip to main content

Dodge truck Australian serial number information?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #143911 by Eric B
Guys,

I helped create a decoder for the US and Canadian built Dodge and Fargo trucks and people in Australia are trying to decode their trucks on it. I would like to help these folks out by adding the Australian Dodge, Fargo, and Desoto truck serial numbers to the decoder, but I don't have access to the books or real world trucks to compare to the books as I live in the USA. I'm hoping that members of this forum would be willing to scan or take pictures of the relevant pages in the parts books, service manuals, service bulletins or whatever paperwork there is that explains the breakdown of the numbers on the trucks. Locations of the tags or stamped frame numbers would also be helpful to show people where to look. The decoder currently runs from the 1930s to 1980 and I would be interested in filling in any gaps I can with Australian data. The current decoder can be seen here:

t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

An example of some help pages I have written with frame number and tag locations can be seen here:

t137.com/registry/help/help.htm

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Eric
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Eric B.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #143912 by RTAT4660
No replies Eric! well if you have a look at the link of this post of mine you will find a start from my truck manual spec sheets
Ross
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1417937497/7#7

'Dats Just Dodgy

More
9 years 5 months ago #143913 by Desotodav
Eric, I'm almost certain that a while back someone on this forum posted a number of pages showing 'Chrysler Commercial Vehicle and Specification Data' - those are the 4 pages which I emailed you. I'm hoping that person reads this post and can provide you further details as to where this information was obtained from.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds