Skip to main content

Louisville best Aussie Truck in the 70's

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #148589 by bigcam
Well rather than start another boring Crummins V Oil Dripper saga maybe it's time for a bit of reality.
I know a few of you caught up with Brennan at Echuca, and I know you all think he went down there just to catch up with you all, but the reality is, he was on a secret mission to pick up my new toy. A Louisville, the truck that out sold KW 4 to 1 in the 70's. No chassis numbers or rivets here boys, they made that many of these things, and a lot of blokes got a good start in them as well.

Right, probably enough ribbing from me and on to the story.......

I bought this truck a month ago, so anticipation has been high, (I'm sure Hayseed and John Whale, being about the only other 2 Louisville lovers here can well imagine). The truck was at Coleambally, luckily reasonably close to Echuca, it was as if the planets aligned, Brennan heading down there with a bit of room on the Trailer, Kirky coming along for the ride as well, a reasonably original LNT 9000 with a 903 in it that had lived on a farm in the west of NSW so it wasn't completely knackered with rust, what more do you need?

So, on to the pics.......

All loaded up

[IMG

Check out Brennan's new wireless aerial, he can still listen to 4KQ with that when he's in Dubbo.

Kirky and Russell, the bloke I bought the truck off. Kirky is making sure Brennan knows it was a wise investment installing a fridge.

[IMG

And finally when I got it home, already pulled it apart, new king pins and front brakes, all going well a service, on to club plates and I'm hoping to take it to Gatton the weekend after next for the Mack muster.

[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bigcam.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148590 by modela2010
Nice one Cam.

Did some truck driving training in a Louisville before I got my semi license.

Need to find the piccies. So where did I put them. :-/

More
9 years 7 months ago #148591 by hayseed
Good work Cam.. What year is It??

Tiz, that No.4 or 5???

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 7 months ago #148592 by Swishy
BIG C
Gudday M8

Gr8 pix
Keep m cummin

Thiz xplains how them Crummins can keep go n

takes 3 runn n ......... n 2 spares ta get er dun

LOL

While Kirky twaz @ Echuca he waz inquire n where U get the big 'i' boltz az in lifting lugz

also in D last pic
iz th@ a

B.F. Hammar
or a
F.B. Hammar

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 7 months ago #148593 by Hardtopman
Looks like a neat old truck. Old man called the Louie the next generation poor mans big truck that replaced the Inter's and Dodges. Remember a farmer in the early 80's getting one, single axle about 25' tray and had a Detroit in it. Was latest and greatest compared to all the old Dodges, Inters, Accos and so on all the other farmers had. Old Kenny looks neat to

More
9 years 7 months ago #148594 by bigcam
Hayseed, number 4, and it is '78, 903, 15 speed and 38's on Hendrickson, it drives very nice, doesn't sound too bad, but I think it'll need 2 chimneys again.

Swish, FB hammer for tie rod and drag link ends.
Got 2 dead mice out of the front brakes as well.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148595 by geoffb
Reckon their would make a good type of club truck for old bloke that have trouble get up into a truck ;) ;)
That Kirky bloke always seems to have a can of what looks like Solo :o :o

More
9 years 7 months ago #148596 by Tacho
Good one Cam. So what will happen with the bogie drive, 'cos you were thinking single for the one you intend to build from the others in the shed? .......and will the hobby shed need stretching a bit before long. Cheers

More
9 years 7 months ago #148597 by bigcam
Hi Geoff, I'll leave it as it is.
With the half the GCM thing here in Queensland I've got to be a bit careful otherwise I won't get anything on the trailer.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #148598 by IHScout
Nice one Cam

Dennis
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by IHScout.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds