Skip to main content

Re-Casting of Brake Drums for INTER CM1200

More
9 years 5 months ago #150932 by Terra
Hey HCVC Crew,

I desperately need to find somewhere where I can get the rear brake Drums of my INTERNATIONAL CM1200 re-cast!?!

The guys from Brabond in Sydney had previously over-machined one drum [why?, one might want to ask! They couldn't answer that question themselves, ahem....]! :o

But now I am stuck with a brake drum which is overheating too much, as there's too little "meat" left on the drum to disperse the heat...
Not good in/for the long run! >:(

Anyone got any pointers?
[Re-casting Service?/ Spare Parts?]

I really would like to keep the original set-up, rather than having to replace the whole back end with something else....

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Terra

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #150933 by Zuffen
An old fix for overheating brake drums in motorsport was to affix coil springs around the outside of the drum.

This increased the surface area and assisted in cooling.

Not a permanent fix for your situation but may tide you over whilst you find new drum/drums.

I would have thought there would be aheap of these sitting in farmer's paddocks rotting away.

More
9 years 5 months ago #150934 by jon_d
Try these guys.

I almost got some from them for the Bedford. Very good prices and in stock. The shipping killed me, but would have got them if I was ultimately stuck.

Nice to deal with even so.

technicast.co.nz/index.php?option=com_co...=view&id=34&Itemid=9

More
9 years 5 months ago #150935 by bparo
Being international I would be surprised if the parts were not shared with at least one other model. Maybe look for C-line parts of a similar capacity truck?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 5 months ago #150936 by podge66
:-? Terra try Ranger brake drums in Sydney they will cast a new drum for you. Podge

More
9 years 5 months ago #150937 by AUSSIE TD-40
have you tried FLEET PARTS in Toowoomba?
has a lot of new/old stock, ask for Mike

Jake

INTER TRUCKS, B-3, L-120, AL160, AACO180D, R-190, RD-200
plus a few Inter tractors eta
WARWICK QLD AUSTRALIA

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds