Skip to main content

Fitting a Reverse Light Switch

• Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #159099 by
Has anyone fitted or knows how and where to fit a reversing light switch to a 1959 3 ton Dodge Truck. It has a 4 speed floor shift gearbox.

Checkout my Restoration project A3-59D DODGE further down the Restoration Page.

Daz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159100 by grahamjb
Unless you have provision in the gearbox to fit a reversing switch you really only have two choices:
1. Fit a dash mounted reversing switch
2. See if you can mount an external switch similar to what is shown in the photo below. This is only suitable if you have a flexible boot on the gear stick to hide the switch.
[IMG

• Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #159101 by
Thanks Grahamjb. Great idea. Will post photos of my attempt when I get to it. Building a Tray at the moment but gathering ideas for the unfinished bits......lots of little things.
Daz

More
8 years 11 months ago #159102 by Debo
I have seen other switch's that mount somewhere near the gear lever on top of the box that have an arm that is moved when the gear lever is in reverse, Kinda like the clutch pedal switch for the Jake brake but bigger try Hella part # 6041 or Narva part # 72630. ;)

More
8 years 11 months ago #159103 by jeffo
Had a quick look at your thread but can't get a good view of the top/end of the gearbox.
Judging by the quality of the resto. you've got the skills.
You might be able to drill/tap the selector rod housing and fit a switch on the reverse selector rod.
Have to nut out if you want a N/O or a N/C switch.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds