Skip to main content

Austin Truck

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16786 by TRV19
Austin Truck was created by TRV19
Just pulled my first truck out of the bush and am thinking about restoration for the first time. where do i start?? I'm not even sure what type of truck it is? year? ect.i know its an old Austin, 50's?
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by TRV19.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16787 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Austin Truck
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. Post a picture (there are instructions on the forum somewhere) and we will tell you all about it and more you didn't really want to hear ;D

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16788 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Austin Truck
G'day TRV19, Welcome to the forum. There's plenty of info and advice to be gained here. If you put a picture up I'm sure it won't take long to identify your truck.
Look at that, Mammoth beat me by 26 seconds!!
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by ray.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16789 by TRV19
Replied by TRV19 on topic Re: Austin Truck
Thanks fellas, i'm trying to put up pic but camera phone is stupid, i'll have to take some on real camera tomorrow

More
14 years 6 months ago #16790 by TRV19
Replied by TRV19 on topic Re: Austin Truck
Where do you start when the truck is just a big rust bucket?

More
14 years 6 months ago #16791 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Austin Truck
You start looking for one that isn`t rusted out and work out what you want to keep off the rusty one before it goes to China.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16792 by SAFirey
Replied by SAFirey on topic Re: Austin Truck
Sounds like the Austin I have ;D

More
14 years 6 months ago #16793 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Hi TRY19, I find myself agreeing with the comment about using it as a spare & getting a solid truck of the same model to restore. It is possible to restore anything but I try to know my limits. There are lots old Austins from the 50s but less from the late 60s. If you can post a pic of the truck, someone on the forum might point you to one easier to restore.
If it's like this 50s green restored Austin from UK, I know of restorable one near Goulburn & there was one at Thirlmere,

This Carnation Red with twin lights is my 460N from late 60s

& the yellow wrecks are my spares,

flat fronted (Cab Over) one is restorable 560F near Goulburn. During restorations you come across spares so we may be able to help. Post a pic when you can & note the engine type, wheel size & number of studs. Best of Luck,

Kind Regards

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds