Skip to main content

1928 International Restoration Pictures

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #17959 by
This is one over the top restoration.

It is so perfect it does not look real until you dive into the restoration photos and see the quality of workmanship involved.
I would hate to know how much it cost and also how many hours involved.

This link was supplied by Pat (melonreo)

jefflilly.com/Finished_Work/Pages/finish...int-truck/index.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #17960 by
Gee Trevor I would so scared to cough near that truck I myself i think thats over the top and it wouldnt come out of the factory as good as that if did no one would have bought it , :'( :'(

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 5 months ago #17961 by Swishy

OK
Now we expect no lesser job dun by U n MelonReo
LOL
I'd also backup wot Dedlee twaz try n to say
;D ;)
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #17962 by
Even all the heads of the screws have even been aligned into the same direction :o

More
14 years 5 months ago #17963 by mammoth
Have a look at some of those reflections and try and work out how light can get behind and back to front - tis all computer generated

More
14 years 5 months ago #17964 by atkipete
Two speed diff and all, what a machine.

More
14 years 5 months ago #17965 by Andy Wright

Even all the heads of the screws have even been aligned into the same direction :o

LOL, I do that because it was drummed into me when I was slave labour on Tiger Moth restorations.

The work is stunning. I was impressed with the detail but can't imagine he drives it anywhere which takes the fun out of it.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #17966 by monty
Well Slo thats impressive! i cant work out whats better the paint job or the photographs ? did you do the painting your self or did you get a pro to do it?. So do you wrap it up in cottton wool when your not using it? cant wait to see it in the flesh. well done ;)

-Monty
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by monty.

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago #17967 by
Monty

I only wish it was mine but without the restoration cost.

It is a pro restoration done in the States $$$ Lots.
They charge by the hour and bill all parts direct to the owners credit card at cost.

If you get some time have a good look at the web site www.jefflilly.com and the set up they have got its nearly more impresive than the truck.

My first impession was that it was all smoke and mirrors but when you really have a good look at all the build photos it is one peice of Quality Workmanship and as Dave said you would not want anyone anywhere near it, it would only be good for a museum.

• Topic Author
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #17968 by
I recall about 25-30 years ago, going to a car show in Perth, and there was a fully-restored 1929 Chev 4-dr tourer there. The bloke that restored it was a LAME, and the quality and finish of this restoration, was unbelievable.
It was on a par with that Inter truck .. typical of a bloke who fixed aircraft to precision requirements every day.
I've never seen that car since, and maybe he took it home and wrapped it in cotton wool .. it certainly would have made you weep to take it out on a public road and get it dirty.

Somewhere along the line, there's a point where you have say good enough, or you'd run out of money or time.

I'll wager the blokes who knocked that old Inter off the production line would be stunned to see it .. I'd reckon it never even looked anything like that, off the factory floor.
Remember, this was the days when Henry painted Model T's with a device like a garden hose with a big, wide, flat spray nozzle .. and the paint just ran off and was collected in a big tray under the Model T, to be re-used .. ;)
(notice the paint going on, AFTER the upholstery was installed!) :o

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds