Skip to main content

82 Kenworth K125 spruce up 'half a resto'

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #189939 by BMK-125
Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread and share some of the work I've been doing with my kw. I have done a few resto's with cars but never really on a truck apart from the odd respray so alot of things I'm just winging it..
I can't leave things alone and usually end up going apeshit and this truck has been no different. I bought it in november and havent left it alone since then. She was a rough ol girl but she's really starting to shine now. Gave it a good clean and polish, few touch ups and just finishing off the interior now and will respray the cab later in the year. Hope you enjoy cheers!

Day I picked it up

Old mr bullbar bar hadn't seen polish in many a year. Is a rough old bar but came up nice with a sand and polish.

'If someone asks you if you're a god you say YES!'

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by BMK-125.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 3 months ago #189940 by Swishy
Looks all OK from this angle
LOL
cya
§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 3 months ago #189942 by Blackduck59
Looking good, what are you using for polish?
I use one of the solid blocks with a buff and finish off with "Metal Magic"
Use Metal magic when ever it needs a touch up.
Cheers Steve

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #189950 by BMK-125

Ran the buff over the cab. Not keen on the red paint looks like a fire truck but will do for now.

Repainted the old cast kw bug, polished the grille surround and blacked out the grille

The interior was a mess.. started with the footwells. I reckon it would tare off half a tonne lighter after I got all the dirt out!

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago #189951 by BMK-125

Blackduck59 wrote: Looking good, what are you using for polish?
I use one of the solid blocks with a buff and finish off with "Metal Magic"
Use Metal magic when ever it needs a touch up.
Cheers Steve

Hi Steve. I wet sanded thru the grades then used the solid block union compound one for cutting and another to polish then finish by hand with purple polish. Was a shit of a job took alot of hours and the tanks aren't done yet cause my arms are still vibrating from the bullbar!

Footwell after clean up.. I dug out all the old silicone and filled the gaps with sealer blew some primer and black paint around.

The dash was a mess someone had attacked the 18 layers of peeling paint with 80 grit and made it worse.. sanded back smooth and filled all the unused holes then primed up and sanded flat for topcoat

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #189952 by BMK-125

Rubbed back, masked up, prepsoled and hit with colour and clear. I was unsure of the original colour so chose gun metal grey.

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago #189953 by BMK-125

The dash looking so nice and the rest looking like shit everything had to be done now. The hoodlining was removed and the endless rotten old foam cleaned out. Some wiring replaced and cleaned up then covered the roof with dynamat.

Filled all the holes in the roof console and primed and painted, am in th process of restoring the fans they were a mess and not working.

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #189954 by BMK-125

Removed the 4 old seat covers and was a nice old blue bostrom seat underneath has a small tear but otherwise in great nick. Removed all the tacky beige vinyl paint off the door trims and brought them back to the original blue. Just need to edge out the doorjambs but will probably leave it till I respray the cab.

Cut out some blue marine carpet for the floor and put that it over the top of some dynamat. Was a shit of a job but am stoked with the results. Just have to cut up a skid plate for it.

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
6 years 3 months ago #189955 by BMK-125

Have the hoodlining ready for a coat of beige paint tomorrow, the engine tunnel has had some fibreglass repairs done and is rubbed down ready for a coat of blue and the bunk is stripped out and the trims cleaned ready for some insulation and a new matress. Have some wiring to sort out for the demister and wondering what to do with the old factory air con whether to rip it out and install a red dot or try and get it working again.

Thats where im up to with it now. Have a set of plastic rear guards and a light bar to install, need to sort a new throttle linkage the old one is a bit sad, replace the exhausts, re bush the arse end, and over time replace all the air lines and some sad looking fuel lines. Itching to respray the cab and chassis but i better go make some money with it first!

Oakes Transport Services
1982 Kenworth K125
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 3 months ago #189957 by Swishy
looks Gr8
Gunna say if the window winders are stiff to use n U got the ol chain drive winders
U can try this............ dont over do the lube or else the windo will go down by it self

Cya
§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds