Skip to main content

1971 White 7564TD

More
6 years 2 months ago #191376 by asw120
1971 White 7564TD was created by asw120
HI all, I have bought this truck from another forum member. SEQ members may have seen it.

The basic truck is solid and goes well. I don't intend to do any major work to it, just tidy it up a bit. It has a lot of little things that don't work, like auxiliary gauges. As I know SFA about heavy trucks, I will be asking some questions which may cause some to roll their eyes; please bear with me as I familiarise myself with it.

I did get some pictures of it from back in the day, which I will post later.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #191377 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1971 White 7564TD
Does anybody recognise these senders and is this a water manifold?

There appears to be four water senders! I'm guessing one low level (on header tank), one temp. gauge (on thermostat housing, I think)
and these two.

Thanks, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by asw120.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191379 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 1971 White 7564TD
Jarrod that's quite the truck you have there
I'm sure there's plenty of Cummins experts on here that can give you the low down on what's what

At a guess water temp , water level and maybe something for shutters on the radiator

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 2 months ago #191380 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic 1971 White 7564TD
Generally speaking, senders have one wire and switches have two. The switches could be for a Murphy or a warning light. If they are VDO, they will still be available new. You just have to buff them up to read the part number.

That patch on the intake is fraught with danger- if the back of those rivets break off, they will go into the turbo and maybe further. I would either replace the pipe, or remove the patch and slide a piece of hose over it with a couple of hose clamps.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191385 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1971 White 7564TD
Jarrod, Does It have a Horton Fan Clutch ??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
6 years 2 months ago #191386 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1971 White 7564TD
The big risk with Whites is the alloy front engine mount crossmember.....very often broken.......you could get locally made steel plate replacements....Some also had alloy crossmembers all along the chassis........The vietniks next to my yard at Willawong bought one from a farmer,and when it went for annual inspection,the front crossmember was missing....the GM was only supported at the back......just the alloy ends left in the chassis.........some Whites had complete ally chassis.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191400 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic 1971 White 7564TD
Yes John, Dowries used to knock them up.
Also made cross members for old mate up in Toowoomba.
Long time ago though.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191409 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic 1971 White 7564TD
Expect to see this truck at Maffra in November....24-25th ....No excuses !!!!!!!!!!

More
6 years 2 months ago #191416 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic 1971 White 7564TD
I had a look at your International tractor last night for the first time.I read it from start to finish.Well done a great read and great pictures. I am looking forward to seeing what ever you are going to do with the White. Cheers Fill

More
6 years 2 months ago #191418 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1971 White 7564TD

dieseldog wrote: Generally speaking, senders have one wire and switches have two. The switches could be for a Murphy or a warning light. If they are VDO, they will still be available new. You just have to buff them up to read the part number.

That patch on the intake is fraught with danger- if the back of those rivets break off, they will go into the turbo and maybe further. I would either replace the pipe, or remove the patch and slide a piece of hose over it with a couple of hose clamps.

Thanks for that. A bit of hose might be the go for the intake, then. Although, I believe it has done many tens of thousands like that. Something to remove and check, anyway. Hose would be easy.
Wires are not easy to trace on this, so I will have to disconnect & or short a few things out to see what happens.

Jarrod.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds