Skip to main content

Pockets

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #192293 by Dodgeydude
Pockets was created by Dodgeydude
Back when I was a young bloke I put my hand into my pocket to get two shillings. When I pulled my hand out there was a very big redback spider in my hand. From then on I have been reluctant to put my hand in my pocket very often. I did get married as therapy to try to forget the trauma and the use of plastic now keeps me calmer.
The door seals on the AT4 were rotten and the price of the new ones scared me. Off to Clark Rubber, I got this self stick foamy rubber stuff. Did a great job and stopped a lot of wind noise. When it rains I don't have to wear plastic pants anymore. Around $9/m so about $90 for both doors.

Also used this rubber for the inside seals instead of the original pinchweld, forgot price but a lot cheaper than original.
Thought this might be of interest as well. I have been driving around with bare steel floors, very very noisy. I built a house recently and used this under the carpet. Called Silenstep I think and designed especially for noise reduction. Chucked some on the floor and had an epihpany, it's been a while :) I can now hear myself think, unfortunately the little voices are weird.

The eagle eyed will notice the throttle pedal. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe concluded the answer to the meaning of life and everything else was 42 so I thought I could go one better with the go pedal. :lol:

Many useful things fall off trucks
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #192294 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic Pockets
Also found a period correct AM radio at a swap meet that happened to fit the holes that were already cut into the dash. It works but the Grandkids don't quite understand AM only and no USB/Bluetooth. Too bad as long as I get ABC.

The speaker came from an old TV, just like a boom box from the 80's sitting on my shoulder.

Keep a smile on yer dial..... :silly:

Many useful things fall off trucks
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz, Southbound

More
6 years 1 month ago #192298 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Pockets
That soft black stick on foam works a treat around door openings and is a lot cheaper than original types and works better

My boy has a do hicky that plugs into the ciggy lighter and that tunes in to radio frequency you choose that then enables you to blue tooth music to the radio, I cant be stuffed with all the gizmos so just enjoy the world rolling past

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 1 month ago #192303 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Pockets
I thought about the Clark stuff but seeing as you can see from the inside to the outside through my roof I decided to save the money and buy another pair of plastic pants.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds