Skip to main content

Mk 1 Atkinson home

More
14 years 3 months ago #22206 by roadster
Mk 1 Atkinson home was created by roadster
I had a phonecall a couple of days ago asking if I could deliver a lorry which had been sold and travel back and share the driving in another which was delivering a machine to the same place. It was only about 100km from where the Atkinson which I had bought was located. As we were due to be travelling back empty I made arrangements to pick up the Atki.
So here it is, part way home, having probably travelled considerably faster than at any other time! Nothing seems to have fallen off during the 650km journey. I will post more pics as I start to dismantle it and, hopefully, as it is going back together. I should be able to drive it round the yard tomorrow as I have freed off the one stuck brake, clutch and brake linkages, replaced two dead tyres and removed the drivers door which was hanging off. I just have to repair the broken gear lever and if tyhe clutch releases we will be away.
Rod

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #22207 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
A classic Atki, what year is it ?

More
14 years 3 months ago #22208 by roadster
Replied by roadster on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
Hi Pete,
It is 1963 and is a 3 axle weight master with a 6lw, 5 speed David Brown and Eaton 2 speed axle. I posted some other picss on 20/12/09. I got one pleasant surprise after getting it home: I noticed that it has power steering!
Rod

More
14 years 3 months ago #22209 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
Really looking forward to following your work, roadster. All the best with it.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #22210 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Congratulations Rod, Nice looking Atki. Haven't seen that rounded look on an Atki before. I think this is a twin for your drivetrain though, if you want spares (but your twin is the good twin that will run). There is a 6LW attached to David Brown 5 speed near me in NSW from the front cut on an Atki. The 6LW isn't going to be restored easily as it's missing the intake manifiold, sump, and main bearing caps, & no cab so it's in the rain. If it's still there (talked to owner 18mths ago) he wanted $500 for the lot. PM me if you want it bad enough to have it shipped to you in UK.

Big weekend end for rescuing antique trucks here in Oz as well. As you know my ERF MV can't come home for a few weeks but I finally got my Scammell Routeman & 1968 MAN home. With enormous thanks to Adrian from the Golden Oldies Truck Club & his father Peter, and the pulling power of Adrian's Turbo charged antique Kenworth. Nearly everything that could go against us, did, but they knew what to do to fix it. I just can't thank them enough.

Kind Regards
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman.

More
14 years 3 months ago #22211 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
Hi Stephen, have you got any more pics of your gear loaded up?

More
14 years 3 months ago #22212 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
Great stuff, Stephen. Good to see the orphans going home.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 3 months ago #22213 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
Its is great to see these old trucks getting saved from the scrapman, I suppose the hard work starts now.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22214 by lowrider1
Replied by lowrider1 on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
hi atkinson1 home im trying to sell one if you know someone interested in a 1973 single axle restorer or can tell me how to post it as im new on these sights would be appreciated ,thanks .from lowrider1.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22215 by lowrider1
Replied by lowrider1 on topic Re: Mk 1 Atkinson home
well done mk 1 .im selling at the moment 1 .1973 atco . with preston night cab .needs some parts at diff area .10 speed fuller box and powererd by 350 cummings short cam cab 100%complete needs seat recovering .if any one is interested leave a message .thanks .lowrider1

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds