Skip to main content

78,inter,d1310 ,,steering

More
13 years 8 months ago #34295 by rough
hi , need help, steering last thing to do b4 rego, can be driven on permit , problem is turns left or right no worries but very tight return turn.. is there a mechanic in Vic or preferably Tassie who could help me.. buggered if i can fix it, once registered, i will be putting power steering system in thanks to all who have supplied very good info on that by the way..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #34296 by Aussiehooker
iff you jack up the axle so the wheels are off the ground and SAFELY and grease the king pins so that grease comes out between the stub axle and the axle iff grease dosnt come out try turning from lock to lock and keep greasing and turning untill it does grease the steering linkages as well this may help or fix the problem if not the steering box may be over adjusted or worn out steering boxes when manafactured have the gears made slightly over size to compensate for wear due to small steering corrections {left and right ]when driving this is called the high spot if the high spot is worn excessivly it will have most likely have been adjusted and the steering will bind up when turned on lock because the gears have less or no wear post make and model if you need a steering box some one may be able to help hope this helps don

More
13 years 8 months ago #34297 by rough
Replied by rough on topic Re: 78,inter,d1310 ,,steering
thanks don , i am away at work for next month as soon as i get home i will try that...

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds