Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Inter C18oo V8

Spose a qik fix or try
Would only take a minite or 2
is the ol choke n the beast
remover aircleaner
rev er up
n place rag over inlet n let it die down under throttle n repeat a few times
may not work
but can clean any crap etc n unblock any jets etc (may B)

NuthingVenturedNothingGained
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49701 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Inter C18oo V8
the gaskets on carbies dry up if run on lpg needless to say you wont get a good fuel misture then (the mixture usually tends to lean out)

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #49702 by
Replied by on topic Re: Inter C18oo V8
Kenny-mopar has a good point. I've got two vehicles on dual-fuel, and unless you run petrol through the carby every couple of weeks, the fuel dries up and goes gummy, and you start having blocked carby jets, the accelerator pump stops working properly, you get fuel leaks, and a host of other niggling carby hassles.

I've tried squirting carby & throttle body cleaner into the intake and fuel bowl, when running, to try and fix them .. but it doesn't do a lot of good. It appears that disassembly and proper cleaning and fixing, is the only way to cure them.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49703 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Re: Inter C18oo V8
Hi,
Diagnostics, many ways of doing things, usually the hard way. BACK TO GOOD OLD BASICS. Three areas we need to check, is the fuel correct, yes or no, a good gas bench will tell you, remember, what goes in, must come out, so what comes out, will tell you what is going on. A Lambda of 1.00 at idle or up to approx 3/4 throttle, will tell you that the fuel is being delivered correctly. Forget Co & all that B***s***, fuels today have all sorts of additives etc, so Lambda is the only true way of reading any Hydrocarbon Fuel, petrol diesel or LPG. Does this engine have good manifold vac, any less than 20in mercury will indicate a mechanical problem, generally in the valve train. Compression tests are only an indicator, more information can be obtained from doing a vac wave on a diagnostic scope, it will indicate the weaker cyls when the engine is running at normal operating temp. Next, if a scope is not available, stress the ignition system with a 30KV opening on the spark plug leads with the lead connected to the plug, if spark jumps across the gap with engine running without a misfire, nothing wil be wrong with the coil, leads etc.A good technician with a good gas bench should be able to diagnose the problem area in less than 20 minutes & prove how good or bad the said engine is.
Gilly

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds